PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C280 - Cannot Print After Firmware Update

Custom Search

wondernomore3
03-23-2021, 10:49 AM
Hi there,

I updated my Bizhub C280's firmware (GDR-D1) and now it seems that I am unable to print.

I was able to print without issue before updating the firmware.

The Konica Minolta UDP driver installer detects the printer on a network search, installs the driver and that's where things get stuck.
In Windows, I can see the printer but it appears as being offline. Anything sent to the printer simply sits in the windows print queue.

I can ping the printer and can access its web interface.

Is there anything obvious I am missing or anything I need to enable after a firmware update?
I tried performing a system2>Initialization>data clear and then enabled HDD.
The issue still exists. No issues printing to other printers on the same network.

No issues with local copying etc.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers

rrrohan
03-23-2021, 11:28 AM
Use the PCL driver

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

emujo2
03-23-2021, 02:43 PM
Why did you update firmware? Does your version of the UPD support the new function version of the machine? If you load the machine specific driver do you have the same issue. Web page ports, and ping are using different ports, printing is via 910X..did you make any changes to these settings, Did SNMP strings change, do you have bi directional communication selected? E

copier tech
03-23-2021, 04:26 PM
Hi there,

I updated my Bizhub C280's firmware (GDR-D1) and now it seems that I am unable to print.

I was able to print without issue before updating the firmware.

The Konica Minolta UDP driver installer detects the printer on a network search, installs the driver and that's where things get stuck.
In Windows, I can see the printer but it appears as being offline. Anything sent to the printer simply sits in the windows print queue.

I can ping the printer and can access its web interface.

Is there anything obvious I am missing or anything I need to enable after a firmware update?
I tried performing a system2>Initialization>data clear and then enabled HDD.
The issue still exists. No issues printing to other printers on the same network.

No issues with local copying etc.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers

Sounds like the printer is installed via WSD.

Check the printer driver properties under the the port tab does it show IP?

tsbservice
03-23-2021, 09:09 PM
Definitely driver issue as you can ping it and access PSWC.
You need PCL6 driver points to machine's IP as others mentioned.

allan
03-23-2021, 11:04 PM
SW 51 F0
SW 55 0C

Try those soft switches if mabe its a life stop issue.

Try switching to LPR que name Print with SNMP switched off.

wondernomore3
03-24-2021, 09:43 AM
After spending several hours on trial and error, it turned out the issue was with my new Antivirus software (Bitdefender gravity zone), which for some reason was blocking certain communication to the printer (it has it's own firewall).
As soon as I removed the software from my computer, hey presto, printing was working again!

Thanks so much for all the help and guidance everyone!

copier tech
03-24-2021, 10:39 AM
After spending several hours on trial and error, it turned out the issue was with my new Antivirus software (Bitdefender gravity zone), which for some reason was blocking certain communication to the printer (it has it's own firewall).
As soon as I removed the software from my computer, hey presto, printing was working again!

Thanks so much for all the help and guidance everyone!

So when you updated the firmware you also installed this antivirus software?

wondernomore3
03-25-2021, 08:04 AM
So when you updated the firmware you also installed this antivirus software?

Yes and no.
I updated the firmware, did some copying tests, but never tested printing. Then, a few weeks later, tried to print and hit the problem.
During those few weeks of not printing, I changed my AV software and assumed (incorrectly) the issue was with the printer (I could print to other printers without issue) and initially didn't considered the new AV software.
Just goes to show, we never stop learning, and AV software can cause havoc with everything and anything it chooses :p

copier tech
03-25-2021, 11:45 AM
Yes and no.
I updated the firmware, did some copying tests, but never tested printing. Then, a few weeks later, tried to print and hit the problem.
During those few weeks of not printing, I changed my AV software and assumed (incorrectly) the issue was with the printer (I could print to other printers without issue) and initially didn't considered the new AV software.
Just goes to show, we never stop learning, and AV software can cause havoc with everything and anything it chooses :p

FYI Windows 10 comes with built in security (antivirus, firewall etc) so you do not need to install 3rd party security software.

emujo2
03-25-2021, 02:33 PM
FYI Windows 10 comes with built in security (antivirus, firewall etc) so you do not need to install 3rd party security software.

Because Windows OS's are rarely hacked????

BillyCarpenter
03-25-2021, 02:36 PM

I know most aren't gonna agree but I agree with copier tech. According to PC World, Windows built-in security rank among the best in the world.

BillyCarpenter
03-25-2021, 02:42 PM
For years, the attitude towards Windows 10’s built-in security was that it’s a nice idea, but you really shouldn’t rely on it. That stared changing in 2019, with the major testing houses giving Windows Security top marks.

Could it be true? Can you really ditch your $100 annual antivirus subscription and rely on Microsoft’s native solution instead? Here’s our opinion.

Windows Security is a very basic utility. In a way, it doesn’t need to be fancy, since it’s part of Windows itself. If you need extras like backups or hard drive cleaning, you can find that in other parts of the OS.

Windows Security is accessible via the Start menu or an icon in the system tray. It has seven sections: Virus & threat protection, Account protection, Firewall & network protection, App & browser control, Device security, Device performance & health, and Family options.

The first five sections will display a green check mark when everything is fine or a yellow alert symbol when it’s not. Unfortunately, these alerts aren’t always being honest. The Account protection section alerts you when you’re using a local account and not a Microsoft account. That means you’ll always have a yellow check mark on the Windows Security icon in the system tray unless you dismiss that particular alert, which few people do. That’s unfortunate, since more vital alerts could be ignored as the yellow alert status just blends into the background.

he Virus & threat protection is where Microsoft has really filled out its antivirus chops, and its AV program is still known as Windows Defender. In earlier versions, built-in security for Windows just did its job in the background. The current version allows you to run four different kinds of scans, all of which are pretty standard for antivirus.

You can run a quick scan to search the most common places that viruses and malware are likely to hide.There’s a longer full scan section that checks all files and programs on your hard disk. You can also choose a custom scan to check specific files or folders. Finally, there’s the Windows Defender Offline scan that shuts down your computer and scans your device for particularly pernicious malware that other scans are unlikely to find.

For anyone who uses free, third-party antivirus, the new Windows Security offers pretty much all you need. Windows Security also has the added benefit of not harrassing you with notifications to upgrade to a paid product every few days.

Windows Security review: There are better options, but not for the 'price' | PCWorld (https://www.pcworld.com/article/3453717/windows-security-av-review.html)

emujo2
03-25-2021, 02:43 PM
I just read that PC world review..It says Windows built in security is good, but they still recommend a 3rd party Anti virus. Also MS Edge browser sucks at defending against phishing...

Custom Search