PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C280 - Duplex pages folder in corner

Custom Search

wondernomore3
03-24-2021, 10:35 AM
Hi folks,

When copying to A4 duplex on my C280, the corner of some pages (~50%) come out with a small fold in the bottom left corner (image attached).
The source paper is definitely fold free and standard one sided prints come out perfectly, as does A3 duplex prints.

Is it possible to remove the duplex unit to see if anything is wrong, or any other suggestions of what might be causing and on how to resolve this?
I'm not familiar with taking this particular printer apart (or which section to start on), but have no issue doing so if someone can point me in the right direction.

Cheers!

rrrohan
03-24-2021, 10:45 AM
I used to add some spacers so the section right under the registration roller was raised slightly

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

srvctec
03-24-2021, 11:00 PM
I used to add some spacers so the section right under the registration roller was raised slightly

Yep, same here. In fact I checked all machines of that series we had to make sure they had spacers to prevent issue.

wondernomore3
03-24-2021, 11:26 PM
Thanks! I'm not sure where the 'registration roller' is...
Would you be able to give me some pointers to where it's located and where the spacer should be added exactly?
Also, what should I use as a spacer?

Cheers!

copier addict
03-25-2021, 12:48 AM
Thanks! I'm not sure where the 'registration roller' is...
Would you be able to give me some pointers to where it's located and where the spacer should be added exactly?
Also, what should I use as a spacer?

Cheers!

When you open the right side door you will see a black rubber roller that is about 14" long. Underneath that roller there is a guide that can pivot upwards. On each end of that guide there is a protrusion that contacts the machine. On the plastic under each protrusion adhere a small spacer. It doesn't have to be very thick.

rrrohan
03-25-2021, 04:33 AM
I used a bit of replacement pad used on cleaning wand

wondernomore3
03-25-2021, 07:51 AM
I used some single sided sticky pads which worked perfectly!

As always, thanks so much for your help everyone - Hugely appreciated!

Cheers

Custom Search