PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C227 warming up only when ADF (DF-628) is connected.

Custom Search

byronf
03-24-2021, 06:47 PM
Hi All,
My tech has been back and forth to C227 that comes up with warming up only when the ADF is connect.
He has tried all that is stated below:

Change ADF
changed power supply
updated firmware
changed MFP board
changed scanner cables
changed fuser unit.

He has done his best and covered most components fortunately we have a device to swap and test all of the above, I will be going out to this device has anybody had this issue?

tsbservice
03-24-2021, 07:15 PM
Did he tried Clear All Data?
Wrong ADF setting/selection in Service mode?

byronf
03-24-2021, 07:21 PM
Did he tried Clear All Data?
Wrong ADF setting/selection in Service mode?

Hi Tb,
I will back up the device and try the clear all data.
Adf type was checked, unset and set.
I am going to try emmc and eeproms, then proceed with wiring harness.

tsbservice
03-24-2021, 07:31 PM
Hi Tb,
I will back up the device and try the clear all data.
Adf type was checked, unset and set.
I am going to try emmc and eeproms, then proceed with wiring harness.

This is very odd problem especially with all items you changed. I hope the best for you. Please follow up with final fix.

byronf
03-26-2021, 06:34 PM
Hi,
Been to the machine and the first thing I noticed the ADF is not operating. Checked all service mode setting and tested ADF PWB.

It seems like there is and ICP that keeps blowing. I will test all ADF related ICPs and will keep you update.

If there is anybody that has an idea of which ICP it could your help will be appreciated as this will save me time.

LENAQUIM
03-29-2022, 11:37 AM
hi,I have same problem,368e show warming up,start button orange ,unset df629 resume normal ,can you share how to fix it,thanks

ccarrillo
04-06-2024, 07:54 PM
Hello friend, good morning, did you manage to solve the problem of the c227 that kept heating up with the ADF connected?

femaster
04-06-2024, 09:19 PM
Hello friend, good morning, did you manage to solve the problem of the c227 that kept heating up with the ADF connected?

What have you done to try and troubleshoot so far? Have you tried another ADF to see if the problem remains? If it does, problem with main body, if not, problem with ADF. Simple troubleshooting steps are the only solution to the problem. One step at a time and you will eventually figure it out.

It's not like there is a magic book somewhere with all the answers to every single strange problem that has ever come up. And just because one person solved a problem by doing one thing doesn't mean that same solution will work for everyone, even if the symptoms are the same. If you don't know how to troubleshoot, then perhaps you shouldn't be in this line of work, or if an end user, perhaps you shouldn't be touching the machine and leave the problem solving to someone who knows how to troubleshoot and work on the equipment.

Custom Search