PDA

View Full Version : BizHub C284e strange issue

Custom Search

copyman
03-27-2021, 02:01 AM
Customer said day before they sent a print job and it didn't print so they printed it again and it printed fine. Next day it printed the job that never printed. Is this even possible for the copier to do this? Seems more logical to me print job was on a PC in their office and someone printed it or job was on the network somewhere?

Never heard of this before so told customer I would look into it and get back to them.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks in advance

patrickjlc
03-27-2021, 02:24 AM
It could keep it on the HD or memory, or on the pc printer spool job. Sometimes you get a paper jam and printer will keep trying to print.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

rrrohan
03-27-2021, 02:33 AM
Or it did print and another user accidentally grabbed it, the realised the next day and just place it back on the copier.

Check job log

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

copier tech
03-27-2021, 01:49 PM
Customer said day before they sent a print job and it didn't print so they printed it again and it printed fine. Next day it printed the job that never printed. Is this even possible for the copier to do this? Seems more logical to me print job was on a PC in their office and someone printed it or job was on the network somewhere?

Never heard of this before so told customer I would look into it and get back to them.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Check the copier is installed on an IP port not WSD.

blackcat4866
03-27-2021, 03:23 PM
Check the copier is installed on an IP port not WSD.

Yes, WSD port will do this. I've found 3 year old jobs in the print queue.

Another possibility is that somebody has a duplicate IP address on a mobile device. When they take the laptop home, the job(s) come through. I've seen this on a couple of occasions. The funny part is that the local IT always asserts that couldn't possibly be the case. =^..^=

BillyCarpenter
03-27-2021, 06:42 PM
Yes, WSD port will do this. I've found 3 year old jobs in the print queue.

Another possibility is that somebody has a duplicate IP address on a mobile device. When they take the laptop home, the job(s) come through. I've seen this on a couple of occasions. The funny part is that the local IT always asserts that couldn't possibly be the case. =^..^=

That's a scenario that I haven't thought of. I'll have to add that to my notes. :D

allan
03-27-2021, 07:11 PM
Or it did print and another user accidentally grabbed it, the realised the next day and just place it back on the copier.

Check job log

OP to ask costumer to ask around if someone indeed took it by mistake.

blackcat4866
03-27-2021, 07:27 PM
On one occasion I had the IT professional remoted into on my laptop. He watches while I ping the copier's IP. He says: "So? Sure it will ping." I say: "It would ... if the network cable was plugged into the copier ... but it's not. So what am I pinging?" It turned out to be a Samsung cellphone that I could identify by the MAC address.

On another occasion the IT professional issues me a new IP address for a new install. I say: "There's a problem ... this IP address is already being used, I'm getting a ping without the cable connected. Can I have a different address?" He says: "No, that can't be. I issue the addresses here."
??? "Ok, that can't be. Now can I have a different address?"
=^..^=

rrrohan
03-28-2021, 02:10 AM
Printer warns if it detects IP conflict though

allan
03-28-2021, 01:36 PM
Printer warns if it detects IP conflict though

Yes some times on the bottom of the screen but not always. Had exactly the scenario BC is describing with the cellphones before. Also identified it to be a phone using the MAC address.

rrrohan
03-29-2021, 02:42 PM
Yeah you might be right or it might only check once at startup. I think that's what it's doing when it says Waiting ARP request

Custom Search