PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Bizhub 223 Tray 1 Jams

Custom Search

SkipL
03-29-2021, 01:17 AM
Latest call on a bizhub 223 for jams -

Feeds paper fine out of tray two and with proper registration. Using tray one the paper stops 1/8 inch beyond the feed/reverse rollers and goes no further with an immediate jam indicator. Replaced tray one take/up/feed/separation rollers with oem with no change . Replaced complete tray one PFU with a complete paper feed unit from another working machine - Bizhub 363 and I believe they are the same, with no change. Even went so far as to the remove and swap out the complete pfu from a brand new (freight damaged long ago) machine. Exchanged a paper tray (cassette) unit from a working machine. Even exchanged the transfer/syncronization unit in the vertical transport from the working machine "just in case" - No change. Since tray # two works fine I expect the paper drive mechanism is ok as it does not appear to be independent. I have the customer working off of the lower tray for now but I may have to install a trade-in working 363 to get them working on both trays again but I sure as hell would like to figure this puzzle out. Any ideas? The copier has only 333K copies but is in a gymnastic "chalk dust" laden environment but I believe the sensors are in the paper feed unit that I exchanged. Ideas?

blackcat4866
03-29-2021, 01:23 AM
jam code?
=^..^=

Hansoon
03-29-2021, 07:56 AM
Could it be that somehow this machine got the 1st Paper Feed Section of a BH-423? The latter one is different but looks nearly the same. See Parts Manual Page 13 Position 7 & 8 and 27

Hans

copyman
03-29-2021, 07:51 PM
Not sure if the paper would be out a little further then you describe but check the mylar guide below the reg roller paper dust collector on right side door. When you remove the reg unit and put back in this mylar is easily covered. You have to make sure this guide is on outside and not covered!

allan
03-29-2021, 08:28 PM
Could it be that somehow this machine got the 1st Paper Feed Section of a BH-423? The latter one is different but looks nearly the same. See Parts Manual Page 13 Position 7 & 8 and 27

Hans

On the 423 there is an additional photo reflective sensor on paper feed unit 2 (item 19 on page 41 of parts manual). Remember that there was some kind of issue installing that on 363/223. I think its other way around you can not install the 2nd paper feed unit from a 223/363 on a 423.

Anyway check to see if there is a photo reflective sensor on paper feed unit 2 on that machine.

allan
03-29-2021, 08:29 PM
Not sure if the paper would be out a little further then you describe but check the mylar guide below the reg roller paper dust collector on right side door. When you remove the reg unit and put back in this mylar is easily covered. You have to make sure this guide is on outside and not covered!

That would block the path for double sided printing as well.

copyman
03-29-2021, 10:51 PM
I must of missed it but I didn't see anything posted about double sided? If paper is jamming tray 1 only, stopping the same exact place, lead edge a little out of the paper drawer it's always been that mylar for me. It's one of those calls you never forget because it should be one of the easiest service calls for a tech, unlike intermittent jamming but it stumped me for a few service calls before I figured it out. very easy to miss! The poster said he swapped the trans unit and why I said to check mylar. With what he has replaced so far doesn't leave much else except something simple like that.

Custom Search