PDA

View Full Version : i series update firmware

Custom Search

jwai
03-29-2021, 04:05 PM
Hello,

Do everyone have experience below :

On normal working i series machine, when I tried to update firmware, it displays black dot with 25% bar.
After 5 minutes later the machine restarts and displays initial screens ( 25%->50%->copy mode screen ), so I cannot update successfully.
I checked the admin setting, the USB permission for update firmware is ON.

Any idea about this issue?

francisco
03-29-2021, 05:11 PM
Hello,

On normal working i series machine, when I tried to update firmware, it displays black dot with 25% bar.
After 5 minutes later the machine restarts and displays initial screens ( 25%->50%->copy mode screen ), so I cannot update successfully.

yes
storage board defective

Synthohol
03-29-2021, 09:46 PM
whats on the flash drive?
should just be "FW000##" folder.
just checking because its different than the 4 series tree.

srvctec
03-29-2021, 10:24 PM
Also, KM has a diagnosis/recovery tool out now that will tell you why the machine is stuck at 25% or 50%. It was in the weekly "One Stop Postings" email today. There is one for every i-series machine out. The middle of the tool name is the same for all of them, although the beginning and ending is different (beginning is the product code, I believe). Look for F000-GXX on KM service portal.

copier tech
03-30-2021, 08:35 AM
Also, KM has a diagnosis/recovery tool out now that will tell you why the machine is stuck at 25% or 50%. It was in the weekly "One Stop Postings" email today. There is one for every i-series machine out. The middle of the tool name is the same for all of them, although the beginning and ending is different (beginning is the product code, I believe). Look for F000-GXX on KM service portal.

+1 Yes this is a very useful tool.

jwai
03-30-2021, 02:05 PM
yes
storage board defective

since I tried several i series machines ( normal working ), all have this problem.

Only one machine could do so since the CPUB defective and need to be replaced.

jwai
03-30-2021, 02:09 PM
whats on the flash drive?
should just be "FW000##" folder.
just checking because its different than the 4 series tree.

I check the folder FW00XX and it's correct.
Only one replaced CPUB machine can be updated, fail on others with normal working status.

tsbservice
03-30-2021, 02:11 PM
This tool does NOTHING :D
Tested on 2 stuck at 25% boot C250i. It loads, you press check it will pass all in 2 seconds and gives OK.
Still new Storage board is required.
See attached.
BR

Max
04-03-2021, 08:22 AM
Same experience. Tool says all good. Yet doesn't boot up/update.

copyrooks
04-03-2021, 05:56 PM
When i had an issue with an i series unable to get into service mode, the KM tech instructed me to use the tool and also perform a hdd partition which he told me to do a few button presses before applying firmware. The issue got resolved but the counters got lost

HoonBoy
04-04-2021, 11:45 AM
When i had an issue with an i series unable to get into service mode, the KM tech instructed me to use the tool and also perform a hdd partition which he told me to do a few button presses before applying firmware. The issue got resolved but the counters got lost

mind sharing the tool and hdd partition instructions? Would be nice to save an SSD.

emujo2
04-06-2021, 02:04 PM
Hello,

Please list the exact steps you take to put this machine into f/w update mode..I series are different than 8 series. E

copier tech
04-06-2021, 02:07 PM
Please list the exact steps you take to put this machine into f/w update mode..I series are different than 8 series. E

The process is covered in the service manual. Hold down the button behind the control panel (remove small cover)

Click Here To Download - Ricoh, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Lexmark or Canon Firmware (http://www.copierfirmware.co.uk)

emujo2
04-06-2021, 03:06 PM
yes sir, I am aware of the process, if the poster does not mention the button under the cover, we can probably stop trying to help him. E

jwai
04-07-2021, 01:57 PM

Yup !
FAT32 USB stick with F/W folder on root
Insert that stick on USB slot on right side
Main switch ON with pressing STOP key behind panel
Black dot display on top left corner of display with 25% bar

After few minutes it took auto reboot and got normal process to copy screen.......

emujo2
04-07-2021, 02:42 PM
There have been issues with Windows formatting the stick..download the HPUSBDISK formatter tool from the web, format your USB disk with this utility and try again. I think what happens is the disk becomes write protected and the machine will not allow use. E

jwai
04-07-2021, 05:21 PM
There have been issues with Windows formatting the stick..download the HPUSBDISK formatter tool from the web, format your USB disk with this utility and try again. I think what happens is the disk becomes write protected and the machine will not allow use. E

Thank you for your reply.
The incredible case is, it can work properly on a replaced CPUB machine.
I replaced the CPUB and did same process, the machine displayed firmware update screen, set the machine type and loaded the firmware.

Custom Search