PDA

View Full Version : KM c250 stops after 5-6 hours

Custom Search

boethos
11-21-2008, 02:48 PM
I have a c250 and couple of other machines that, after about 5-6 hours, they quit printing. I can ping them, I tried changing network cables to them, other printers can be printed to, I tried printing from multiple pc's, etc.
Repowering the machines make them work again. Acts like they aren't coming out of low power (sleep) mode.
Two of the machines are at one office and one at a distant office. All are different models and have been in service for about a year and a half or longer.
I thought maybe the routing tables(?) are full, or dns, or something that repowering flushes.

Anyone have any ideas?

pepper38_cnd
11-21-2008, 05:22 PM
When you find this problem is the copier in sleep mode or auto shut off ( disable auto shut off)? Does taking the machine out of sleep mode at the control panel start printing without a restart?

Have you tried when you find the copier with this problem, simply removing it from the network and plug your laptop into it with a crossover cable. If the copier comes alive and prints from your laptop without a physical restart, then your problem is network related not copier.

vale24
11-21-2008, 07:20 PM
Do this, wath Pepper38_cnd saysand you can try to disable auto powersaving and auto shut off to see what is happen.

Success

boethos
11-22-2008, 04:12 AM
The powersave only gives a max time of 240 minutes (4 hours) and doesn't show a place to disable it that we see.

>Does taking the machine out of sleep mode at the control panel start >printing without a restart?

I don't know if they tried that.

>Have you tried when you find the copier with this problem, simply >removing it from the network and plug your laptop into it with a >crossover cable.

I put my laptop through a hub, then into the printer, no joy. Still didn't print.

dogsbody
11-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Is firmware up to date?

pepper38_cnd
11-22-2008, 01:34 PM
Make sure the copier IP address is outside the scope of there DHCP, or isolated by Mac address. If it is not and someone plugs in another network device ( like a Laptop ) on the network, an it is given the same address as the copier, this can cause the NIC in the copier to lockup.

boethos
11-23-2008, 04:17 AM
We checked the IP address. We even set it to dhcp once. No joy.
The firmware is the latest. Perhaps we need to backrev?

buster68
11-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Firmware bug. Update firmware on the copier. Too much network traffic will knock the C250 and counterparts offline, but there is a firmware update to fix it.

boethos
11-26-2008, 04:06 AM
the c250 at least has the latest firmware. What version is a good one?

I think one other one is a c450 and I don't know what the third one is.
Funny that they all got the problem about the same time.

Can you elaborate on 'too much traffic' ? I don't know if that's something that we have any control over. Are you suggesting that we keep flashing the firmware when we get 'too much network traffic' ?

Seems odd.

Also, I can't find any firmware files or updates on KM's site. Where do I get them?

pepper38_cnd
11-27-2008, 10:40 PM
If you have 3 different machines on the same network all exhibiting the same behavior, and all started around the same time. Then you definitely have a network issue. Find out what changes they have made to their network? I would guess they upgraded to a 1 Gig switch. Or if all machines are scanning to email they could have made a change to their email server. But what ever it is it's not likely that 3 individual copiers ( different models ) all developed the same problem at the same time.

Custom Search