PDA

View Full Version : 4/4e series paper size on tray

Custom Search

jwai
04-01-2021, 05:29 PM
Hello,

I found the bizhub 4/4e series have common issue below:
The tray 1 often have auto paper size detection error, place A4-> display 8 1/2" x 11" , place A3 -> display 11" x 17".
I tried to test the paper size detection sensors by exchanging them with tray 2 however the same result occurred.
Have any idea about this?

copier tech
04-01-2021, 05:41 PM
Hello,

I found the bizhub 4/4e series have common issue below:
The tray 1 often have auto paper size detection error, place A4-> display 8 1/2" x 11" , place A3 -> display 11" x 17".
I tried to test the paper size detection sensors by exchanging them with tray 2 however the same result occurred.
Have any idea about this?

This is a know issue, the wire on the connector breaks, you need to replace the small loom.

Synthohol
04-01-2021, 05:44 PM
Could it also be the marketing area is not set correctly?

jwai
04-02-2021, 04:36 PM
This is a know issue, the wire on the connector breaks, you need to replace the small loom.

the 4 yellow wires of the sensor on the middle of the cassette section?

jwai
04-02-2021, 04:40 PM
Could it also be the marketing area is not set correctly?

They are " others 2 " on marketing area.
I found it is only happened on tray 1, tray 2 never.

copier tech
04-02-2021, 04:44 PM
the 4 yellow wires of the sensor on the middle of the cassette section?

Yes.

jwai
04-02-2021, 04:47 PM
Yes.

Thank you,
can't imagine these wires would be broken without impact.

Phil B.
04-02-2021, 04:49 PM
Thank you,
can't imagine these wires would be broken without impact.

or somebody not pulling the connector properly .. never remove a connector by grabbing just the wire harness

jwai
04-07-2021, 01:47 PM
I checked the connectors and 2 wires loosened,
it seems nothing happened on 8 series.

Toxic
04-07-2021, 03:33 PM
They are " others 2 " on marketing area.
I found it is only happened on tray 1, tray 2 never.
Probably because most users use tray 1 more often.
I have only 1 case and it happened because user do very much id card copy but they copy one side then put back paper to tray 1 and copy 2nd id card side :)
Too much open-close tray will over time damage this wires.

tsbservice
04-07-2021, 03:43 PM
Probably because most users use tray 1 more often.
I have only 1 case and it happened because user do very much id card copy but they copy one side then put back paper to tray 1 and copy 2nd id card side :)
Too much open-close tray will over time damage this wires.

Then you can go and setup for their convenience copy settings for printing ID cards directly without this archaic paper rotation :p

jwai
04-07-2021, 05:09 PM
Maybe the cause that I guess:

The CD sensor holder is set on one screw with spring, can slide front and back a bit distance.
But, the harness is installed so tight on the bracket, that yellow wires are easily to tear off.

copier tech
04-07-2021, 05:23 PM
Maybe the cause that I guess:

The CD sensor holder is set on one screw with spring, can slide front and back a bit distance.
But, the harness is installed so tight on the bracket, that yellow wires are easily to tear off.

Yes, exactly this. When installed at the factory there was not enough play in the cable plus the cable ties were too tight.

Toxic
04-07-2021, 06:37 PM
Then you can go and setup for their convenience copy settings for printing ID cards directly without this archaic paper rotation :p
Few years ago i sold them C227 and take that C224e (count as few hundred $), soldered few broken wires of paper sensors and lease that machine, still going strong.
Ofcourse i show them how to copy id card in proper way, without need to put paper back to tray for second side :)

tsbservice
04-07-2021, 06:52 PM
Few years ago i sold them C227 and take that C224e (count as few hundred $), soldered few broken wires of paper sensors and lease that machine, still going strong.
Ofcourse i show them how to copy id card in proper way, without need to put paper back to tray for second side :)

C224e over C227 all day long :)
I'm guessing those clients are too stuborn to learn something new I have many of them and sometimes they really deserve what they have.

Custom Search