PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Discolored band coming in print from C258

Custom Search

diwakar
04-04-2021, 04:07 PM
Hello everyone !

I am sure you all must be safe and sound.

Recently, there is a problem with our Konica Minolta C258. Here are the system and paper settings first:

270 GSM art card
12x18 inches
Bypass feed
Thick 4 setting
1200 dpi print

Now, nature of the problm:

Dis-colored band on the edge which is coming out first from the printer
Attached images for references

Methods already tried:

​Cleaned the machine inside out including rollers, Image Transfer Belt, Laser unit, lenses, inner rollers, by pass tray, fusing unit etc.
Changed the first transfer voltage for CMYK to -7 from -6 (we did -6 because when set at 0, there was shadow printing issue and -6 resolved it)
Initialised image stabilisation and gradation adjustment two times for both 600 dpi and 1200 dpi

But, the problem still persists, if anyone can take a look and let us know what could be the issue.
Thanks and regards,

blackcat4866
04-04-2021, 04:35 PM
I'm thinking that looks like "flip". When feeding heavy media, the trail edge pulls away from the transfer belt, leaving some of the toner on the primary transfer belt. In most cases, the only solution is using lighter or more flexible media. How does it look on 220gsm or 250gsm? =^..^=

REGSIS
04-04-2021, 04:55 PM
Printout the halftones for CMYK value between 64 and 128. You will not notice this effect if you leave it on 255 (full tone). It looks like black component is missing. Check drums and developers visually. Try with another black drum DR313K. Seen this on PP machines.

tmmdmmm
04-05-2021, 02:55 AM
Printout the halftones for CMYK value between 64 and 128. You will not notice this effect if you leave it on 255 (full tone). It looks like black component is missing. Check drums and developers visually. Try with another black drum DR313K. Seen this on PP machines.

If it was a faulty drum I imaging you'd see it every few inches, and slightly offset every print. I think its more likely the thick stock

REGSIS
04-05-2021, 08:07 AM
If it was a faulty drum I imaging you'd see it every few inches, and slightly offset every print. I think its more likely the thick stock

Generally you're right, but..... an usual problem could be easily solved and never be posted here.
This is rare, and drum is an easy thing to try.
I couldn't be 100% sure, but this hapened to me before.
I've had this problem on Canon iR 2018 too.

Albonline
04-05-2021, 07:33 PM

agree here, this is a drum or xfer belt. outside chance 2nd xfer roller.

emujo2
04-05-2021, 07:47 PM
You need to panic stop the job after it begins to x fer to the media..This is the only way to tell where the issue lies..I can rule out "flip" from blackcat as this is not a lead or trail edge (12X18 would only travel short edge 1st). You need to look at the drums, x fer belt and x fer roller. 270 GSM is at the outside range and should only be used sparingly. This is not a production machine and no matter how you use it now, it will not perform the same way 250K copies fropm now. E

blackcat4866
04-05-2021, 10:53 PM
You need to panic stop the job after it begins to x fer to the media..This is the only way to tell where the issue lies..I can rule out "flip" from blackcat as this is not a lead or trail edge (12X18 would only travel short edge 1st). You need to look at the drums, x fer belt and x fer roller. 270 GSM is at the outside range and should only be used sparingly. This is not a production machine and no matter how you use it now, it will not perform the same way 250K copies fropm now. E

I stand corrected. My presumption was that the original Arch B had been cut down. =^..^=

diwakar
04-06-2021, 09:08 AM
I'm thinking that looks like "flip". When feeding heavy media, the trail edge pulls away from the transfer belt, leaving some of the toner on the primary transfer belt. In most cases, the only solution is using lighter or more flexible media. How does it look on 220gsm or 250gsm? =^..^=
Hi there,
Yes, remarkably, with 270 GSM double coated media (more flexible as compared to the earlier media), there are no bands, but then after using it for 20-30 times, the problem again started coming.

Thanks for the reply :-)

diwakar
04-06-2021, 09:10 AM
Hi there,
Thanks for the reply.

We tried this on full red, full orange, full blue sheets, and the bands are still forming, on semi grays, this is coming too. Since the machine is on contract, and the drum is at 95% as per the counter, so, we do not have an option of changing the drum as of now :-(

diwakar
04-06-2021, 09:12 AM
Hi there,
thanks for the reply.

Yes, I think the 270 GSM media is too much for this machine to handle, as we only print 270-300 GSM 12x18 art cards and that too in considerable quantities, probably taking a toll on the machine.

REGSIS
04-08-2021, 06:14 AM
Hi there,
Thanks for the reply.

We tried this on full red, full orange, full blue sheets, and the bands are still forming, on semi grays, this is coming too. Since the machine is on contract, and the drum is at 95% as per the counter, so, we do not have an option of changing the drum as of now :-(

Sorry, are you an end user or a technician?
If you are an end user and macine is on contract, report a problem, and let the technician solve it.
If you are a technician then you should try with another black drum (used) just for comparison. If it's bad then you should change it.

Custom Search