PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an LK 105

Custom Search

Boltaction
04-06-2021, 04:15 PM
Good morning everyone,

I have a customer who had a Ricoh MPC3501 that could no longer scan to their server. Rather than upgrade their equipment, they bought a tabletop Fujistu scanner. It worked for them until I started fighting IH coil error codes on the Ricoh so they decided to replace the machine. I installed a Konica Minolta C368 and now they can scan to their server once again. However, their Fujitsu uses OCR to automatically rotate pages that are scanned upside down and thats a feature they now can't live without because they no longer need to go through and rotate stacks by hand before scanning them. My question is, does the LK 105 enable that feature in the machine? Or do I need the LK 110 for that? We are a Muratec dealer so I do have access to the OCR firmware and the machine does have the expanded memory, but our cost is over $400 for that option so I'm looking to see if I can get this token license cheaper for my customer.

I appreciate all you guys do on this site, it's been a tremendious resource over the years.

emujo2
04-06-2021, 05:08 PM
Adding the searchable PDF gives you access to the config menu..This includes a Rotation adjustment that seems to orient each page by detecting the layout of the text..

tsbservice
04-06-2021, 05:28 PM
Adding the searchable PDF gives you access to the config menu..This includes a Rotation adjustment that seems to orient each page by detecting the layout of the text..

Hey Ed nothing to add but I'm just glad that not only few techs are using User's manual while searching for information. This page is bookmarked on all my PCs.
Regards.

emujo2
04-06-2021, 05:48 PM
Yeah, and these are on the public site..It helps to know what you are looking for though..E

Boltaction
04-07-2021, 02:46 PM

I am aware of the additional functions provided by the LK105, my inquiry was more about trying to see if anyone here can provide the token license for it and what that cost could be.

emujo2
04-07-2021, 02:59 PM
Well then why did you ask if the LK could rotate the images. Everyone understood you were looking to save a few bucks.. I'm done with you.

Boltaction
04-07-2021, 03:16 PM
I just wanted to confirm whether or not I needed the more expensive LK 110 or if I just needed the LK 105, I don't deal with the license kit stuff often. Seems like people here take responses so personally, I meant no offense and I appreciate the information.

tsbservice
04-07-2021, 03:39 PM
I just wanted to confirm whether or not I needed the more expensive LK 110 or if I just needed the LK 105, I don't deal with the license kit stuff often. Seems like people here take responses so personally, I meant no offense and I appreciate the information.

To use the searchable PDF function, i-Option LK-105 v4 or i-Option LK-110 v2 is required in addition to the optional Extension Memory.
Looks to me you can go with LK-105 plus here price difference is negligible.

Boltaction
04-07-2021, 03:47 PM
To use the searchable PDF function, i-Option LK-105 v4 or i-Option LK-110 v2 is required in addition to the optional Extension Memory.
Looks to me you can go with LK-105 plus here price difference is negligible.

Looks like our price difference through Muratec is about $200, and I don't need any other functions from the LK 110 so that's good.

tsbservice
04-07-2021, 03:51 PM
Looks like our price difference through Muratec is about $200, and I don't need any other functions from the LK 110 so that's good.
Good luck then, I'm also NOT a big fan on sending our money to KM corporation for their overpriced stuff.

Boltaction
04-07-2021, 04:24 PM
Good luck then, I'm also NOT a big fan on sending our money to KM corporation for their overpriced stuff.

Agreed, but for stuff like this my options are limited. My customer is understandably confused as to why their new full size machine can't do what a $200 scanner will do out of the box.

Custom Search