PDA

View Full Version : C284e constant graduation calibration

Custom Search

schmeckles22
04-06-2021, 05:27 PM
Hello,

Model : Konica Minolta C284e
Original Drums, Original Toner

New drums - all at 95%, this happens regardless if drums are old or new.

I've had many issues with this printer and I am ready to part with it and get a replacement, it's due to arrive in a few weeks but in the meantime a little guidance would be great!
For as long as I can remember every so often this printer will forget how to print certain tones (usually the faded pinks and greys), I then have to do around 10-15 graduation tests in one sitting to finally get it to kick start back, I dread turning the printer off as this is usually when it goes to s**t.

Please see the photo below of what I get and eventually I can get it as close to normal as possible and colour printing resumes.

https://i.imgur.com/rXOZ8pw.png

Phil B.
04-06-2021, 05:40 PM
Hello,

I've had many issues with this printer and I am ready to part with it and get a replacement, it's due to arrive in a few weeks but in the meantime a little guidance would be great!
For as long as I can remember every so often this printer will forget how to print certain tones (usually the faded pinks and greys), I then have to do around 10-15 graduation tests in one sitting to finally get it to kick start back, I dread turning the printer off as this is usually when it goes to s**t.

Please see the photo below of what I get and eventually I can get it as close to normal as possible and colour printing resumes.

notice the multi colored strip at the top? your blet cleaner blade is failing

what are the page counts on other service parts?

have you cleaned the density sensor?

schmeckles22
04-06-2021, 05:46 PM
notice the multi colored strip at the top? your blet cleaner blade is failing

what are the page counts on other service parts?

have you cleaned the density sensor?

I suspected the cleaning blade is failing, but I can live with that due to using the bypass tray in such a way that it doesn't print directly across when it doesn't clean properly, unless this is degrading it over time more?

Image Transfer Belt : 10%
Transfer Roller Unit: 35%
Fusing Unit : 59%
Total Prints : 232737

Density sensor is the part where you push the stick through the hole a few times near the Drum units?

Phil B.
04-06-2021, 05:50 PM
I suspected the cleaning blade is failing, but I can live with that due to using the bypass tray in such a way that it doesn't print directly across when it doesn't clean properly, unless this is degrading it over time more?

Density sensor is the part where you push the stick through the hole a few times near the Drum units?

you need to change out that ITB.... that could be the fix for your problem. is the image good on the belt or is it washed out?

emujo2
04-06-2021, 05:54 PM
Those sensors are accessible after the transfer belt is removed..They can certainly affect your 1/2 tones, but would not produce the PCQ on the posted sample. The cleaning blade is part of the belt so it would be replaced at the same time..Don't remember if 10% means used or left. KM likes to change this up every few models. You would want to clean the sensors, then stick the cleaning wand in to clean the slit glasses, then run a stabalizer and background reset. using the brightest paper you can find do the gradation adjustments. E

tsbservice
04-06-2021, 06:34 PM

So you're faking machine printing A4-R but in reality ITB cleaning section is failed due to debris or cleaning blade damaged as Phil mention. No wonder it will lose calibrations as density sensors are probably dirty.
As temporary measure I would remove ITB clean both sensors remove cleaning section vacuum it and carefully clean blade and belt.

copier tech
04-06-2021, 06:51 PM
Hello,

As others have said you need to replace the transfer unit (this comes with the cleaning unit)

If you are confident to take this unit out you could remove & clean the cleaning unit manually (ironic eh!)

This is why the machine is constantly running a gradation process because it can't read the patches (it lays down colour patterns on the belt to reference from)

schmeckles22
04-06-2021, 09:32 PM
As others have said you need to replace the transfer unit (this comes with the cleaning unit)

If you are confident to take this unit out you could remove & clean the cleaning unit manually (ironic eh!)

This is why the machine is constantly running a gradation process because it can't read the patches (it lays down colour patterns on the belt to reference from)

So a quick clean could extend the life? I have watched a few videos and the Image Transfer belt seems relatively easy to get out.

tulintron
04-06-2021, 09:40 PM
So a quick clean could extend the life? I have watched a few videos and the Image Transfer belt seems relatively easy to get out.Cleaning is easy, I would try.But I believe it will not resolve.

The marks on the print are exactly from the printed pattern tests for color calibration and registration.

Change only the blade. If not, replace the unit.

copier tech
04-06-2021, 09:44 PM
So a quick clean could extend the life? I have watched a few videos and the Image Transfer belt seems relatively easy to get out.

Yes worth a try only 3 screws then once you have the transfer unit out the cleaning unit comes off with 2 screws.

Custom Search