PDA

View Full Version : Error Code cE301 on C250i

Custom Search

tmmdmmm
04-07-2021, 01:31 AM
Running into a e301 on startup, firmware G00-45.
Starts fine, but trying to flash E9 causes it to lag at 25% boot indefinitely
Trying to reflash 45 (per Konica's request) brings a "Firmware Error" screen

Its been a long day, but rough process was something along the lines of:
Unplug ethernet
Check to ensure all mainboard connections are good
trouble reset
Attempt E9, failed twice on two different sticks
Full Diagnostics 5 times, Ok
Clear all Data
Logical Format
Call Konica Support
Attempt 45
Attempt 45
Attempt E9
Clear all data
Logical format (stayed at 0, blue and red lights constant, had me restart)
Logical format (stayed at 0, red light blinking, still had me restart)
Physical format (end call)
Logical format, worked
E301

With the hickups on E9 and the logical format, I'm somewhat leaning towards the SB, any thoughts? Oddly enough, they never recommended the reset firmware, nor did I think of it until now

Woxner
04-07-2021, 02:17 AM
if you can turn off market place this causes problems, soft sw 172 set to 01 also turn off in admin mode. i had this problem on a c360i. i did manage to get 45 to work. had to just let machine sit after reboot for 30 min to hr then it came back up. i also think movie data has to be version 2 as well. suprized he did not have you do reset or reformat hdd. you will lose meters and have to turn hdd back on. i still think these hdd have issues

tmmdmmm
04-07-2021, 02:34 AM
soft sw 172 set to 01 also turn off in admin mode

Thanks! That sw being to turn off marketplace w/out admin mode? I was having issues getting into admin for long enough to enable the debug reports in SM before coding, I imagine it would be a similar issue with disabling marketplace

tsbservice
04-07-2021, 09:47 AM
You need to replace Storage board(SSD).

copier tech
04-07-2021, 10:33 AM
Running into a e301 on startup, firmware G00-45.
Starts fine, but trying to flash E9 causes it to lag at 25% boot indefinitely
Trying to reflash 45 (per Konica's request) brings a "Firmware Error" screen

Its been a long day, but rough process was something along the lines of:
Unplug ethernet
Check to ensure all mainboard connections are good
trouble reset
Attempt E9, failed twice on two different sticks
Full Diagnostics 5 times, Ok
Clear all Data
Logical Format
Call Konica Support
Attempt 45
Attempt 45
Attempt E9
Clear all data
Logical format (stayed at 0, blue and red lights constant, had me restart)
Logical format (stayed at 0, red light blinking, still had me restart)
Physical format (end call)
Logical format, worked
E301

With the hickups on E9 and the logical format, I'm somewhat leaning towards the SB, any thoughts? Oddly enough, they never recommended the reset firmware, nor did I think of it until now

Might be worth running the diagnostic tool we've had some success with this.

tmmdmmm
04-08-2021, 03:14 AM
Might be worth running the diagnostic tool we've had some success with this.

Tried running that and got the same Firmware Error screen as 45, Swapped the storage board and E9 was making some progress, stuck at 50% almost immediately rather than 25%. I had heard someone say they left an I series overnight to finally get firmware to go through, so I figured I'd try the same. Heres hoping tomorrow morning I can get it working

copier tech
04-08-2021, 09:40 AM
Tried running that and got the same Firmware Error screen as 45, Swapped the storage board and E9 was making some progress, stuck at 50% almost immediately rather than 25%. I had heard someone say they left an I series overnight to finally get firmware to go through, so I figured I'd try the same. Heres hoping tomorrow morning I can get it working

We are using GC2-G4 this was recently released to resolve a few of these issues, so far it has worked.

Firmware notes mention it is a solution for E301 etc.

tmmdmmm
04-09-2021, 01:31 AM
We are using GC2-G4 this was recently released to resolve a few of these issues, so far it has worked.

Firmware notes mention it is a solution for E301 etc.

I didn't end up using that FW, was a 2 hour download at the client's office. But TBH, every FW pdf (that I checked) since G45 has talked about fixing e301

e301 probably caused by FW G45 rather than a faulty storage board.

Trouble updating firmware probably a sign of a faulty storage board, especially when using HPUSBDisk per SSD Knowledgebase ID KBA00053111 and when attempting both the normal way and through screen calibration.

Before swapping SB, Firmware was either giving me a FW error or stuck at 25% boot. Screen Calibration itself would never finish. After swapping, FW was stuck at 50%, but the first time I tried with screen calibration it worked. Screen Calibration itself took about 2 minutes

tsbservice
04-09-2021, 06:02 AM
I didn't end up using that FW, was a 2 hour download at the client's office. But TBH, every FW pdf (that I checked) since G45 has talked about fixing e301

e301 probably caused by FW G45 rather than a faulty storage board.

Trouble updating firmware probably a sign of a faulty storage board, especially when using HPUSBDisk per SSD Knowledgebase ID KBA00053111 and when attempting both the normal way and through screen calibration.

Before swapping SB, Firmware was either giving me a FW error or stuck at 25% boot. Screen Calibration itself would never finish. After swapping, FW was stuck at 50%, but the first time I tried with screen calibration it worked. Screen Calibration itself took about 2 minutes

Since you're talking about swapping storage board did you put new SB or used one?

tmmdmmm
04-09-2021, 03:25 PM
Since you're talking about swapping storage board did you put new SB or used one?

New. Same with the last machine, the ones Konica are sending out now seems to be about twice the size

Synthohol
04-09-2021, 04:09 PM
I find it 95% of the time it's marketplace or the Screensaver causing the issue.

jwai
04-09-2021, 05:38 PM
I find it 95% of the time it's marketplace or the Screensaver causing the issue.

The marketplace is so troublesome ......

tsbservice
04-09-2021, 07:50 PM
The marketplace is so troublesome ......
Just turn off IWS. No more Marketplace.

tsbservice
04-09-2021, 07:53 PM
New. Same with the last machine, the ones Konica are sending out now seems to be about twice the size

I'm aware of that. I think old Storage board can be revived...just need to find out how.

copier tech
04-09-2021, 09:23 PM
I'm aware of that. I think old Storage board can be revived...just need to find out how.

I believe you are correct. The storage boards have not 'failed' simply the firmware is corrupt.

tmmdmmm
04-10-2021, 02:28 AM
I believe you are correct. The storage boards have not 'failed' simply the firmware is corrupt.

I saw someone else say they had luck wiping it with an m.2 pcie to usb adapter. It's something I want to try, but not enough to mess with a customers machine. Gotta figure it out soon though, this is the third one in a month

copier tech
04-10-2021, 11:54 AM
I saw someone else say they had luck wiping it with an m.2 pcie to usb adapter. It's something I want to try, but not enough to mess with a customers machine. Gotta figure it out soon though, this is the third one in a month

Yes it can be done, they told us on the course for this model (off the record!)

tsbservice
04-10-2021, 02:16 PM
Yes it can be done, they told us on the course for this model (off the record!)

For the record. Have tried it(to wipe old SB) no luck so far.

copier tech
04-10-2021, 03:24 PM
For the record. Have tried it(to wipe old SB) no luck so far.

Out of interest how did you preform this action?

tsbservice
04-10-2021, 04:13 PM
Out of interest how did you preform this action?

NVME SSD adapter plus various Windows and Linux tools/programs.

Custom Search