PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta c754e

Custom Search

Kenny
04-09-2021, 12:30 PM
Hi guys,

we have a customer with 2 networks, how am I able to set this machine to be on both networks? Do I need an extra option on the machine?

copier tech
04-09-2021, 12:57 PM
Hi guys,

we have a customer with 2 networks, how am I able to set this machine to be on both networks? Do I need an extra option on the machine?

If the client has a central printer server on both networks install the copier on this server & share to users as required.

rrrohan
04-09-2021, 01:06 PM
I think only the 8 series onward supported vlan

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Synthohol
04-09-2021, 01:37 PM
a few times i have set an old laptop next to the machine on one network connected USB to print the second network plugged in the NIC.
the laptop network only prints no SMB scans but the wired nic can.
second network users can scan to email though.

this is the cheap way, you can also use a network bridge but without knowing the physical setup thatys all i got.

emujo2
04-09-2021, 01:49 PM
We have 2 networks in my office, they are bridged so traffic can cross both networks. I suppose if the 754e had a wireless option you might be able to use both. E

Kenny
04-12-2021, 10:31 AM
I think only the 8 series onward supported vlan

so the 8 series can go onto two networks as a standard? how would i enable this vlan setting as i am currently on a c458 and cannot find the settings?

emujo2
04-12-2021, 01:20 PM
You may have to update f/w to latest and current function version, but the VLAN settings allow you to put the machine on 2 VLAN IDs. This is a standard setting on the new I series. I do not claim to know much about VLANs, but this may be different then what you are asking..E

rrrohan
04-12-2021, 02:19 PM
If your on function version 4.2 you should see it. But it's not a solution if your customer has a 4 series.

One network via USB print server is all I'd suggest.

Or fiery but that's overkill/expensive

BillyCarpenter
04-12-2021, 02:34 PM
Hi guys,

I seem to recall that on Windows that if you go to >change adaptor options>right click on the network you're on>properties>IPV 4>Advanced...you can add the IP address of the other network and your PC will be able to access both networks. Most people don't know this, but it's just a method of sub-interfacing. I remember doing this a while back.

BillyCarpenter
04-12-2021, 03:15 PM
Just to make sure, I set up a sub-interface in Windows, configured 2 copiers on 2 different networks and was able to print to both printers on 2 separate networks. I'm gonna assume that in your situation that they have 2 routers. If there's not an IP route between the 2 routers, they won't be able to communicate. That shouldn't be much of a problem, though.

PS - I know that you only have one copier and 2 networks but it's the same principle.

PSS - If they're on a VLAN, it can still be done but it's probably not something you'll be able to configure...unless you have experience. But you won't need any additional hardware for the copier.

tsbservice
04-12-2021, 06:40 PM
If your on function version 4.2 you should see it. But it's not a solution if your customer has a 4 series.

One network via USB print server is all I'd suggest.

Or fiery but that's overkill/expensive

I'm Ozzie on this issue. Means +1 :D

Kenny
04-14-2021, 11:39 AM
we have just put in a little printer for them as it was only for 1 user and set up via usb

thanks for the suggestions guys

rrrohan
04-14-2021, 12:04 PM
Sometimes that is easier

Custom Search