PDA

View Full Version : C550i f/w update

Custom Search

Max
04-09-2021, 05:47 PM
Hi. Various post about F/W not updating/ not booting up. Is it the memory board (the one with the heatsink) or the rectangle storage board that is fixed by one screw that needs replacing? Wanted to double check before I start ordering bits.
Run a diagnostic tool too, dont quite see the purpose of it as it always reports pass/Ok on everything.
Also tried different usb sticks and different lvl of firmware including individual option update. Same result NG.
Thank you.

copier tech
04-09-2021, 06:03 PM
Hi. Various post about F/W not updating/ not booting up. Is it the memory board (the one with the heatsink) or the rectangle storage board that is fixed by one screw that needs replacing? Wanted to double check before I start ordering bits.
Run a diagnostic tool too, dont quite see the purpose of it as it always reports pass/Ok on everything.
Also tried different usb sticks and different lvl of firmware including individual option update. Same result NG.
Thank you.

The diagnostic tool passes because there are no hardware issues, only software (firmware) Did you try the latest GC2-G4 ?

Max
04-09-2021, 06:53 PM
Yes I did. No Joy.

copier tech
04-09-2021, 09:21 PM
Yes I did. No Joy.

Did the update complete or still stick at 25% ?

Max
04-10-2021, 06:31 AM
Fails every time at different percentage. Does it have to be a konica storage or can it be an off the shelf ssd?

tsbservice
04-10-2021, 07:13 AM
.... Does it have to be a konica storage or can it be an off the shelf ssd?

That is the real question. New SB from KonMin will solve your problem but if no warranty they're somewhat pricey :(
Machine not taking FW or stuck at 25% boot I believe are symptoms of corrupt FW on SSD.
So far they seems rarely failed hardware but after blackout maybe some bits/parts of memory are damaged thus no boot or MFP - N.G. in firmware update.

Max
04-12-2021, 08:00 PM
Update. Managed to recover original memory board using a M2 USB adapter by formatting and deleting partitions and using USB reset What a pain.

avecosat
04-13-2021, 03:43 PM
How did you do it ? You have formatted the SSD with the adapter and then you have booted the machine with the recovery USB. Thank you

mojorolla
04-13-2021, 07:09 PM
This is a known issues and recently updated in the Solutions pdf:
ID: KBA00064715
Updated: 3/12/2021

:)

Custom Search