PDA

View Full Version : Fusing problem on C3070 repeated on different machines of same model.

Custom Search

qaraman
04-10-2021, 08:27 AM
Dear all,

I have expericed a weired problem on C3070 models, I do service for around 16 machines of this model in the market, 3 of which did the following problem, were the claws of the heater were inserterd in the bottom heater roller on 250gsm paper.

See attached pictures, please note that no Dipsw adjustment for the machines had been done nor any other timing adjustment. Basically they are on factory settings.

I have replaced the lower fuser roller and fusing belt, and advised to avoid this type of paper.

What do you think?
Thanks,

blackcat4866
04-10-2021, 09:53 PM
I've had to address this on a C1060.

I'm going to assume that you're getting J31-02 or J32-02 jams.

The enduser was running 70# Text long grain (105gsm) Arch B. This particular media massively curled, especially since the temperature was set way too high. For this media, choosing 91-110gsm temperature setting, and tweaking the de-curl settings helped a lot. Additionally, each time I visit this customer they have changed the fuser exit roller pressure setting. When I ask why, they have no idea what I'm talking about. The exit pressure should be at the center (white triangle) setting for almost all media. If moved to the rear the exit pressure is set for light paper. If moved to the front the exit pressure is set for heavy media (no exit pressure at all).

Also check that there aren't any screws missing in the clear plastic inverter.

Also check that the lower claw metal holder isn't bent, allowing the claws to dig into the lower roller.
=^..^=

qaraman
04-11-2021, 04:35 PM
I've had to address this on a C1060.

I'm going to assume that you're getting J31-02 or J32-02 jams.

The enduser was running 70# Text long grain (105gsm) Arch B. This particular media massively curled, especially since the temperature was set way too high. For this media, choosing 91-110gsm temperature setting, and tweaking the de-curl settings helped a lot. Additionally, each time I visit this customer they have changed the fuser exit roller pressure setting. When I ask why, they have no idea what I'm talking about. The exit pressure should be at the center (white triangle) setting for almost all media. If moved to the rear the exit pressure is set for light paper. If moved to the front the exit pressure is set for heavy media (no exit pressure at all).

Also check that there aren't any screws missing in the clear plastic inverter.

Also check that the lower claw metal holder isn't bent, allowing the claws to dig into the lower roller.
=^..^=Thanks a lot, it makes a lot of sense, will check the plate and the pressure knob.

Sent from my ANE-TL00 using Tapatalk

REGSIS
04-12-2021, 03:11 PM
Dear all,

I have expericed a weired problem on C3070 models, I do service for around 16 machines of this model in the market, 3 of which did the following problem, were the claws of the heater were inserterd in the bottom heater roller on 250gsm paper.

See attached pictures, please note that no Dipsw adjustment for the machines had been done nor any other timing adjustment. Basically they are on factory settings.

I have replaced the lower fuser roller and fusing belt, and advised to avoid this type of paper.

What do you think?
Thanks,

Replace all lower separator claws.
They are slightly modified if I remember correctly.

beetle73
04-17-2021, 01:04 AM
Hi
I can see from you're pictures that the guide plate that the lower fuser seps attach to is bent.
I've had this problem before as well.

Custom Search