PDA

View Full Version : KMBH 754 ADF Paper read issue

Custom Search

digicor
04-12-2021, 01:12 PM
I had to change a broken guide on the adf, re set the calibration in service mode, all good in landscape, when we switch to portrait its calling for 11 x 17 ? i checked the sensors in service mode all seem to be working but the one to the left just past the pick up mechanism as the paper goes down into the adf. the one on the right is reacting . but i do get it to read 8 x 11 portrait intermittently .
is there a calibration for this direction as well? im not aware of it.
any help is gratefully appreciated
Thanks

srvctec
04-12-2021, 07:40 PM
I had to change a broken guide on the adf, re set the calibration in service mode, all good in landscape, when we switch to portrait its calling for 11 x 17 ? i checked the sensors in service mode all seem to be working but the one to the left just past the pick up mechanism as the paper goes down into the adf. the one on the right is reacting . but i do get it to read 8 x 11 portrait intermittently .
is there a calibration for this direction as well? im not aware of it.
any help is gratefully appreciated
Thanks

If it was working fine before the guide replacement, then something had to happen in the replacement process. Maybe a sensor was partially unplugged or something similar. I'd re-secure all plugs that have to do with the size detection and then see what happens.

tsbservice
04-12-2021, 08:03 PM
Paper size in general(ADF use) is determined by variable guide(main scan) plus two length optrons(sub scan). First need to be calibrated and optrons are mechanically operating. Clean them with canned air and make sure actuator return springs are promptly operating. But I'm too lazy to open Service manual right now...so ;)

Custom Search