PDA

View Full Version : C458 test page is black and white not color

Custom Search

larweedad
04-15-2021, 02:55 PM
Maybe someone can answer this one. C458 with account track on. if you print out the test page it is black and white. Go to the service mode and print out in color fine. Copy or print in color is fine. Log in as tech or admin (they allow color) still comes out B/W. The copier has X-4 firmware on it. The drums and belt have been replaced. It has been doing this for a while. How do I get the test page back to color? This is the only one that does it. thank you.

Synthohol
04-15-2021, 03:18 PM
If the default copy mode is set to black so will be the test pages.

srvctec
04-15-2021, 03:20 PM
If the default copy mode is set to black so will be the test pages.

Going to have to totally disagree with you on this one. We've got ALL our color machines set to default B/W and they always print out the test page with the bird, in color.

tmmdmmm
04-15-2021, 03:30 PM
Maybe someone can answer this one. C458 with account track on. if you print out the test page it is black and white. Go to the service mode and print out in color fine. Copy or print in color is fine. Log in as tech or admin (they allow color) still comes out B/W. The copier has X-4 firmware on it. The drums and belt have been replaced. It has been doing this for a while. How do I get the test page back to color? This is the only one that does it. thank you.

Off of memory, can't confirm until later but I believe its Menu - Utility - Printer Settings - PCL Settings - Color/BW, affects all of your print reports.

larweedad
04-15-2021, 04:08 PM
Off of memory, can't confirm until later but I believe its Menu - Utility - Printer Settings - PCL Settings - Color/BW, affects all of your print reports.

Thank you. I tried it on one in the shop, it did the same thing. OK, I learned something for the week, I am done.

tsbservice
04-15-2021, 04:12 PM
I had one inherited C258 doing exactly the same. I know it's some weird setting buried somewhere.
Will be interested in finding answer. Mine doesn't have any sort of authentication or account track.

tsbservice
04-15-2021, 04:14 PM
Going to have to totally disagree with you on this one. We've got ALL our color machines set to default B/W and they always print out the test page with the bird, in color.

+1. Same here.

larweedad
04-15-2021, 05:46 PM
Tried finding it in the manuals. Nothing. Go to KM user guide and it makes no sense. There is no choice for Document, Maps, etc.

Synthohol
04-15-2021, 06:44 PM
When the techs in our warehouse setting up the machines that's all I see they set.
If there is another color setting for the printouts I apologize as I've never seen it in all these years!
I'll have to ask them what other setting they make.
Sorry for my assumption.

tmmdmmm
04-15-2021, 11:26 PM
Thank you. I tried it on one in the shop, it did the same thing. OK, I learned something for the week, I am done.

Haha glad go hear im finally helpful

DK-tech
04-16-2021, 06:50 AM

I had this issue this week on a new C450i. The solution was excactly as stated above. :)

tsbservice
04-16-2021, 06:52 AM
I had one inherited C258 doing exactly the same. I know it's some weird setting buried somewhere.
Will be interested in finding answer. Mine doesn't have any sort of authentication or account track.

Just tested it. Not working on new i-series.

Edit:
I have to correct myself. You need to set BOTH PCL settings and PS settings from Auto color to Grey scale.

Custom Search