PDA

View Full Version : C353 2001 Jams

Custom Search

dogsbody
11-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Hi All,

Has anyone seen 2001 jams only when feeding from LCT and duplexing?
First occured about 5K now 10K. Every thing checks out OK, it looks brand new. There was firmware released a few days ago that mentioned this jam but it did nothing for my machine.
I have never had any sort of problem with these base units or the engine to be honest so could be missing something easy.
Any help greatly appreciated because this is driving me nuts.

Cheers.

kmcopier
11-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Hi dogsbody.

We had two machine's with this problem, also the machine make's a strange noise if this happens. we exchanged the MFP board yes i now that normaly the prcb controlles everything but in this two cases the MFP board was the solution.
Also check the cluthes from tray 2 there is rust inside.

Gr kmcopier

dogsbody
11-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Hey, thanks for the reply. Think I fixed it today. My machine was exclusivly the LCT, it has been running with the LCT disabled for a week with no issues. I swapped the two motors in the LCT. Time will tell if I need to replace one or both motors but at the moment it feed 1500 double sided pages, customer happy and i'm happy.

cheers.

kmcopier
11-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Let's wait i hope for you, we did a complete swap with the LCT at one customer this without succes i hope that the exchaning the motors are solving your problem gr kmcopier

Akhenaten
11-30-2008, 11:12 PM
I've just encountered this same issue with a machine that was only a month old. I just changed the two motors over and it seems to have fixed the issues. I'm still in the testing phase but it looks promising.

dogsbody
12-04-2008, 08:32 AM
I've just encountered this same issue with a machine that was only a month old. I just changed the two motors over and it seems to have fixed the issues. I'm still in the testing phase but it looks promising.

good to hear. mine is still running well. let us know how it turns out.

cheers

kmcopier
12-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Hi Timmy there is a parts modification for the the Motors if they are new you also have too replace PWB A from the LCC. If you need the PMNO please let me know Gr Kmcopier

jammer88
12-08-2008, 08:31 AM
Whew, glad I found this post. I have 4 machines with this problem of vertical transport jams from the LCC. I was just going back monday to try the motors or the lcc control brd. This will save alot of time. I have witnessed the vertical transport motor buzzing and not turning causing a jam. It is hard to diagnose because it happens so infrequently.

PeterG
12-08-2008, 09:31 PM
I chased this fault for 9 months on a C352.
It turned out to be "Print Setting Powder" used on the company letterhead paper.
After a few feeds of letterhead it would contaminate the vertical conveyance rollers causing jams. I usually remove letterhead & replace with plain paper. After a few more jams on plain paper the rollers would self clean, the fault would then go away until letterhead was used again.
I ended up replacing the whole copier. The fault came back.
Sourced a new supplier of letterhead. Fault gone.
I have since come across this two or three times.

DadO
12-09-2008, 09:00 AM
I hope there wouldn't be faults in Eu version :confused: since myne 353 is comming in 1 week and this is costumer that exchanged xerox for c353...

jammer88
12-30-2008, 07:48 AM
Tried motors with mixed results. Have noticed more and more c353's with this issue. I've tried replacing everything in the lcc, and they still jam intermit. Found vertical transport motor in the lcc does not turn on or just buzzes. Have escalated problem to tech support. Let you know if I get an answer:)

peter
01-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Hi Kmcopier

Please could you send me the PMNO for C353 Lct
Will be greatly appreciated

kmcopier
01-29-2009, 08:41 PM
please send your e-mail adres to private mail

jammer88
01-30-2009, 02:03 AM
kmcopier could you please post the part #'s for the modified parts. I haven't had much luck with tech support other than they have witnessed the problem, but want a machine that does it more frequently. It is an intermittent problem so I may not be able to supply them with that. I've found most of our newer machines have this problem, the older machines work fine. I wonder if its a run of bad brds or motors, or they changed something to cause the problem ??? thx in advance.

tech51
01-31-2009, 07:44 PM
Have just checked and new firmware iwas released on 18/12/08(in europe at least) based on R5 mr release for FE3.
Part of the fix is J20 01 from trays 3 & 4, don`t know if it will effect the LCC but I`m going to try it anyway.
I have had good results by swapping over the two feed motors as mentioned in previous posts.
Also I replace the plastic clips on the shaft that drives the dfpv roller with metal E rings . This seems to help as well.

Hope this helps:)

jammer88
02-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Mmmmm:( We never got that firmware version here. I went through all the firmware readme's nothing about jamming. Our newest version is GW2-R5 released 01/12/09. I'll try the metal c-clips see if that helps, i've tried motors and you do get different results with different motors, but nothing consistent.

lucky13
02-02-2009, 11:18 PM
check out this bullitin

haggiss
02-03-2009, 07:48 PM
Try this

C203,C253,C353
Jam J2001 from LCC
We have found a large number of jams from the LCC
Displaying J2001 code
Spring pressure is not very strong and paper miss feeds
Please try moving the spring to the top of the feed section
This will give more downward force to the feed rollers

haggiss
02-03-2009, 07:56 PM
Hope this helps

copy guy
03-18-2009, 07:10 PM
OK, I'm new to this forum, so be nice. I have an NEC 25C5 with C2001, C3001 jam codes. Only from tray 1. Tray 2 and the bypass feed fine. It will string feed 3 sheets, one right after the other and usually jam at the reg roller and most often Z folded. It's as if the reg timing sensor doesn't see the paper. Remember, tray 2 and B/P feed fine. I've replaced tray 1 feed head assembly, reg roll assembly w/ sensor and the print control board. NEC is out of ideas and gets no response from K/M. Help!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Good luck and may the schwartz be with me.

If you recognize that line, yes, I'm copy guy from the D-Net forum.:)

dudley
03-28-2009, 05:12 AM
Jammer88 and I have been waiting for the new motors but have yet to see them, have the new boards but the the part number of the board is exactly the same right down to the version number. When the motors arrive we will be testing them with the old boards.

What we have tried up here is taking a paper feed motor from a CF2001 second tray 9313 1000 11 (i think) and swap the gears and mounts from the original motors to these ones and they have fixed every machine about 11 or 12 machines with 2001 jams, the last one I did had 202 jams in 16k. We are only replacing the motor that drive the vertical transport roller , not the take up. It takes time and you need a gear puller with a small enough center to pull the gears( I used an industrial chain splitter with a ground down center) but beat the hell out of losing a custumer or the cost of flipping out a machine. The worst part is getting the motor out of the old pf118.

tech51
11-15-2009, 07:26 PM
Hi folks, has anybody come up with a definite answer to this problem? It appears to be becoming a real problem in my area.
Your thoughts would be appreciated.

faultman
11-17-2009, 10:57 PM
any updates on this fault...i have two machines with this fault, both jamming intermittantly but frequent enough to annoy the operators. i have done most things listed in this thread but i'm not overly confident.....does anyone know if the firmware works for the lcc (pc405) it just states tray 3 and 4 in the readme which indicates the two tray lcc version????

faultman
11-20-2009, 10:23 PM
different motors and board, as discussed earlier sorts it out!!!! Tested on two machines now.

Having a ball
12-16-2009, 01:03 PM
Hi All,

Has anyone seen 2001 jams only when feeding from LCT and duplexing?
First occured about 5K now 10K. Every thing checks out OK, it looks brand new. There was firmware released a few days ago that mentioned this jam but it did nothing for my machine.
I have never had any sort of problem with these base units or the engine to be honest so could be missing something easy.
Any help greatly appreciated because this is driving me nuts.

Cheers.
On these models the PC405 drive is binding up you can tell by the noise it makes only happens with PC405 fitted to C353 you will need a bit of help to modify this contact KM help desk.

Cantechman
12-17-2009, 02:03 AM
I have a C353 that is jamming every copy from the PC-204 3rd tray. I am going there tomorrow with 1 old style motor and 4 new ones with the board. I will know almost right away if its fixed when I replace the part. I too get the squealing noise from the vertical transport motor. I'll report back tomorrow.

Cantechman
12-19-2009, 04:15 AM
To update, I replaced the PC-204 vertical transport motor, and right away the jams stopped in the 3rd tray.

Custom Search