PDA

View Full Version : Web browser 750i

Custom Search

kingarthur
04-19-2021, 10:20 AM
hands up...this is probably me being an idiot. I can't get any KM to connect via the web browser. My understanding is that when you turn on the Web Browser function, it's supposed to connect to the LMS and "register" itself, then reboot, or you can generate a code on the LMS, input it into the machine, which will then reboot.

the first doesn't happen, I've spoken to the IT who have said it does have a web connection, "as they are scanning through 365" , if I generate a code via the LMS and try to enter it I get "The settings are incorrect. Please enter the correct setting"

Am I being stupid.....please tell me if I am.....or does something else need doing

Synthohol
04-19-2021, 12:41 PM
is the gateway and DNS correct to reach the outside world?
in admin, network, detail setting, ping confirmation try pinging a website.

emujo2
04-19-2021, 02:53 PM
Take a look at the control panel..Is the web browser present..I have had more than a few customers struggling with this, looking in the "installed licenses" section and seeing nothing listed, call about the lack of the web browser just to find it's already there. Once you enable it in admin mode it should show up as one of the icons on the CP. E

kingarthur
04-19-2021, 03:34 PM
is the gateway and DNS correct to reach the outside world?
in admin, network, detail setting, ping confirmation try pinging a website.

This worked for me, though the DNS & Gateway were correct, I removed & reprogrammed and it worked...many thanks

emujo2
04-19-2021, 06:00 PM
My question would be why didn't the manual activation via LMS not work? That's what it's for..a machine that has no internet access. E

Synthohol
04-19-2021, 09:47 PM
My question would be why didn't the manual activation via LMS not work? That's what it's for..a machine that has no internet access. E
if a machine has no internet access what good is a browser? sounds like the union/job paradox :)

emujo2
04-20-2021, 02:54 PM
many 3rd party app connect via the web browser, the machine may not be able to reach the outside world, but the web browser can communicate with internal devices..AutoStore, OM and EQ use the web browser. E

Custom Search