PDA

View Full Version : BizHub 363 C-C164 error

Custom Search

darichmiester
04-21-2021, 06:35 PM
I had a non functioning BizHub 363 that needed a MFP board, so I thought I found one online from a 423 that might work.

I removed and replaced the MFP and now I have a BizHub 363 that boots up but with a C-C164 error.

I put it on our network and i used the web app to access it and the menu indicates the pcb is from a BizHub 223! Bummer.

I probably need firmware for a 363 to make it functional again, but seems like KM has it all that locked down unless you are a dealer or one of their preferred customers.

I hate to beg, but can someone help me out... I would most appreciate it.

Phil B.
04-21-2021, 06:41 PM
I had a non functioning BizHub 363 that needed a MFP board, so I thought I found one online from a 423 that might work.

I removed and replaced the MFP and now I have a BizHub 363 that boots up but with a C-C164 error.

I put it on our network and i used the web app to access it and the menu indicates the pcb is from a BizHub 223! Bummer.

I probably need firmware for a 363 to make it functional again, but seems like KM has it all that locked down unless you are a dealer or one of their preferred customers.

I hate to beg, but can someone help me out... I would most appreciate it.

what happens when you put the old board back in?

for a small contribution to CTN i'm sure someone can help you out with firmware.

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/vbdonate.php?do=donate

tsbservice
04-21-2021, 06:51 PM
what happens when you put the old board back in?

for a small contribution to CTN i'm sure someone can help you out with firmware.

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/vbdonate.php?do=donate

Phil looks like he is already a contributor.

Phil B.
04-21-2021, 06:59 PM

he wasn't when i suggested it brother.

tsbservice
04-21-2021, 07:07 PM
he wasn't when i suggested it brother.
Understand. I will look through my files tomorrow.

copyman
04-21-2021, 08:00 PM
Not sure why some techs here keep telling people to contribute to this website. Or dangle firmware in front of them to get them to contribute. I use to do this same thing but after several times contacting the ONE and ONLY moderator and NEVER getting a reply that was it. Game over! Now if I can help someone I do it for free and will never mention contribute.

Phil B.
04-21-2021, 08:05 PM
Not sure why some techs here keep telling people to contribute to this website. Or dangle firmware in front of them to get them to contribute. I use to do this same thing but after several times contacting the ONE and ONLY moderator and NEVER getting a reply that was it. Game over! Now if I can help someone I do it for free and will never mention contribute.

there are no moderators... only 1 admin... he has a family and a full time job he doesn't come in everyday... sometimes not even every week..

How did you contact Aneurysm (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/aneurysm.html)?

tsbservice
04-21-2021, 08:23 PM

Sounds reasonable but I have a question for you. How did this site rises money to be up and running nonstop for techs like us? There are always two sides of the coin.
Sure it looks frustrating as hell to me when lack of moderation hits tech forums but it pays hundred times when I get or offer help from/to other members.
Please let others decide what way they have here and stay in your course there's nothing wrong both roads .

Phil B.
04-21-2021, 08:26 PM
Sounds reasonable but I have a question for you. How did this site rises money to be up and running nonstop for techs like us? There are always two sides of the coin.
Sure it looks frustrating as hell to me when lack of moderation hits tech forums but it pays hundred times when I get or offer help from/to other members.
Please let others decide what way they have here and stay in your course there's nothing wrong both roads .

+1

Synthohol
04-21-2021, 08:38 PM
The machine type has to be changed for the new machine
Boot to a firmware stick and change the machine and type.
GQ7-D1 firmware might help but i assume you didnt swap the SSDs right?

copyman
04-22-2021, 01:27 AM

Don't think it takes much work or money to keep a website running. It basically runs itself. With that said I still make a contribution every year. Could look at it that I help way more then I ask for help but I still contribute.

darichmiester
04-23-2021, 05:24 PM

Thank you sir... I was a contributor before I asked a question. I didn't want to be a leech.

I find this site quite useful when Googling problems I have with some of our network printers.

I really didn't think I would cause such a stir. If some one would be kind enough to help me then GREAT..

If not, then that's OK too.:)

tulintron
04-23-2021, 05:57 PM
Thank you sir... I was a contributor before I asked a question. I didn't want to be a leech.

I find this site quite useful when Googling problems I have with some of our network printers.

I really didn't think I would cause such a stir. If some one would be kind enough to help me then GREAT..

If not, then that's OK too.:)Forget the fight and focus on your problem. Synth gave you the way. C164 refers to the fw incompatibility between boards. Okay, it was the board that installed it. Update according to board exchange procedure and tell us the result

emujo2
04-23-2021, 06:49 PM
The 363/423 uses A1UDH0200C
The 223/283 uses A1UDH02108

They are not interchangeable..No firmware is going to help with this..E

darichmiester
04-23-2021, 09:11 PM
The 363/423 uses A1UDH0200C
The 223/283 uses A1UDH02108

They are not interchangeable..No firmware is going to help with this..E

Well... you may be right... I pulled a A1UDH021 and put in a A1UDH020. I didn't even notice it till you mentioned it.
I just took for granted that it was for a 363/423 as per the vendor(seller). If this is true then, my mistake.

I guess I will use this 363 as a parts machine to T/S the other 4 we have on our network. Bummer...

Thanks for the heads up sir!

emujo2
04-23-2021, 09:36 PM
you should ask for a contribution refund...and BTW what does that get you? I noticed the new pop up ads all over the place, is the site charging for ads and taking contributions and allowing private individuals to post "click here for pirated firmware/manuals"

darichmiester
04-23-2021, 09:53 PM
you should ask for a contribution refund...and BTW what does that get you? I noticed the new pop up ads all over the place, is the site charging for ads and taking contributions and allowing private individuals to post "click here for pirated firmware/manuals"

Not to worry... There is a lot of good info here. I really don't mind contributing for that.

You have a nice weekend and again, thanks for your advice and knowledge.:D

tsbservice
04-24-2021, 11:37 AM
Not to worry... There is a lot of good info here. I really don't mind contributing for that.

You have a nice weekend and again, thanks for your advice and knowledge.:D

I'm going to upload FW for you but indeed board should be right for the model.
Keep this attitude and don't be afraid to ask for help. Good luck.

Custom Search