PDA

View Full Version : Konica C284e "Preparing to connect to external server please wait"

Custom Search

blazebusiness
04-21-2021, 10:40 PM
Konica C284e "Preparing to connect to external server please wait" message and displays the following:

Authentication Device________________________
ID & PW __________________Access Basic Screen

From the menu screen at the top states To begin authentication Press the Access Key.

Also has constant C-180 code. Obviously the machine was using an authentication device. To get rid of this the following was attempted:

Initialized all in service mode ---- no change
Format HDD (Physical & Logical)-----no change
Went into service mode and hit Stop 9 to see management option---says card 3 but no option to clear it or reset it.
Installed latest FW------no change
Admin mode never is available under Utility button

Any suggestions certainly appreciated.

Synthohol
04-21-2021, 10:51 PM
management function choice needs to be unset.
also look in loadable drivers and delete them if present

drowranger
04-21-2021, 10:55 PM
Hi..
initialize all should remove that screen.
Press access button on the op panel then press menu button >utility to access to admin menu
admin menu > user authentication > general >set user auth to none

at service mode > stop 9 > management function > press unrest to remove card reader check

Hope this help.

blazebusiness
04-21-2021, 11:04 PM
management function choice needs to be unset.
also look in loadable drivers and delete them if present

Agreed, but there is no option to uninstall that management function choice that I can find in service mode under Stop 9 and then selecting management ------- and also admin mode is completely unavailable. Could you elaborate on the procedure you follow to disable / unset that management function choice ? I am pretty sure all that needs to be done is uninstalling or disabling that authentication option. Just had no joy so far as to how that is done.

blazebusiness
04-21-2021, 11:13 PM
Hi..
initialize all should remove that screen.
Press access button on the op panel then press menu button >utility to access to admin menu
admin menu > user authentication > general >set user auth to none

at service mode > stop 9 > management function > press unrest to remove card reader check

Hope this help.

Appreciate the reply, initialize all did not do anything. The initialize procedure completed normally with no error and prompted to cycle power. When we hit the access key we just get to a error screen that says C-180 code and hitting menu does not go anywhere. I do believe that admin mode would allow me to set user auth to none but admin mode is unavailable. Service mode is available but stop 9 > management function > is working but it has no option to press unset to remove card reader check. It only displays the highlighted installed card 3 option. No unset or way to clear.

Also tried to use a back door work around by starting up the service mode from the trouble reset screen but still got the same options.

rrrohan
04-22-2021, 06:41 AM
turn printer on with network cable disconnected. Should eventually allow you to select admin mode

rrrohan
04-22-2021, 06:51 AM

Hope this help.

isnt it Authentication Device2 ? Management Function Choice is for coin boxes or old school BillBack devices i thought

xerotec
04-22-2021, 11:09 AM
Use NVM reset tool firmware to reset machine to factory default. A145FW.TAR

blazebusiness
04-22-2021, 01:55 PM
turn printer on with network cable disconnected. Should eventually allow you to select admin mode

No, that's not working.....network cable was never connected.

Admin mode is what will probably allow me to get past this but access is disabled. Initializing copier and formatting hdd was what I thought would help, but no luck.

Seems like overkill but maybe I'll just try the reset tool and see what happens.

Also, Synthohol said:

also look in loadable drivers and delete them if present. But I'm not sure where to find those.

Appreciate all of your replies.

rrrohan
04-22-2021, 02:29 PM
No, that's not working.....network cable was never connected.

Admin mode is what will probably allow me to get past this but access is disabled. Initializing copier and formatting hdd was what I thought would help, but no luck.

Synthohol said:

also look in loadable drivers and delete them if present. I'm not sure where to find those

i wouldnt stress about drivers. u can ahppily have those loaded even without the device connected it wont matter.

id say the error codes from missing authentication/card reader is the reason it wont allow u in admin mode. i suspect admin mode access is a side effect. you really need to disable the AU device. id bet once thats disabled your troubles will be over

blazebusiness
04-22-2021, 02:34 PM
i wouldnt stress about drivers. u can ahppily have those loaded even without the device connected it wont matter.

id say the error codes from missing authentication/card reader is the reason it wont allow u in admin mode. i suspect admin mode access is a side effect. you really need to disable the AU device. id bet once thats disabled your troubles will be over

Exactly right, but having trouble finding the option to disable it in service mode and admin mode is not available. Going to try the reset tool.

emujo2
04-22-2021, 02:39 PM
To me it sounds like a CAC/PIV device, as that's the only time you would see a type 3 card. You need to find the CAC/PIV setup instructions and reverse them, certain soft switch settings keep you from making any changes by design..If you bought this used I would demand that the wholesaler fix this for you at no charge. E

tsbservice
04-22-2021, 02:44 PM
Change soft switch 12 to Hex 00.

blazebusiness
04-22-2021, 02:51 PM
To me it sounds like a CAC/PIV device, as that's the only time you would see a type 3 card. You need to find the CAC/PIV setup instructions and reverse them, certain soft switch settings keep you from making any changes by design..If you bought this used I would demand that the wholesaler fix this for you at no charge. E
Yes, probably the AU-201 was installed. I will try to Change soft switch 12 to Hex 00 as per tsbservice, if that does not work I will try the reset tool.

allan
04-22-2021, 04:01 PM
If User auth and ID and print is used make sure it authenticates on the machine only. There is an option to select an external server. Make sure its set to authenticate on devise only.

blazebusiness
04-23-2021, 02:53 AM

Ok, turns out Emujo probably has the right idea.......... a type 3 card means this machine probably had at one time the Konica AU-211P CAC/PIV Reader. but does not now.

Great, I have no experience with the setup/install or how to uninstall the PKI card systems. I suspect uninstallation will not be easy.............

tsbservice
04-23-2021, 06:11 AM
Ok, turns out Emujo probably has the right idea.......... a type 3 card means this machine probably had at one time the Konica AU-211P CAC/PIV Reader. but does not now.

Great, I have no experience with the setup/install or how to uninstall the PKI card systems. I suspect uninstallation will not be easy.............

Did you try this?

Change soft switch 12 to Hex 00.

blazebusiness
04-23-2021, 04:12 PM
Did you try this?

Yes I did , my friend. That indeed got rid of the C-180 error code but still have the no external server available/registered and the screen displays the buttons:

Authentication Device________________________
ID & PW __________________Access Basic Screen

So, even though that switch 12 advice did help there are probably a lot more install steps to reverse to get it back to normal. I see you emailed me the AU-211p install guide which I already had but .... that was very considerate of you. I thank you and appreciate the effort you made.

The pki/cac setup uses windows active directory and a bunch of other settings which I think are configured using pagescope.

emujo2
04-23-2021, 04:35 PM
CAC/PIV reversal is not supposed to be easy. This is so no one can bypass it to print/scan copy in a DOD (mostly) environment. Once you get the soft switches where they are supposed to be (and I realize the install guide only says what you are supposed to set the switches to, not what they were before), your next step should be to do a complete data clear, and if I'm not mistaken the C284e series had special CAC/PIV firmware so this must be removed as well. This particular situation has been on this site many many times..it almost always comes back to "I bought this from a wholesaler". In many cases they only look at the copy count before they go on the pile and leave it up to you to work out the kinks. You are lucky they didn't change the CE and admin passwords..you would have a better anchor than a MFP. E

tsbservice
04-23-2021, 04:36 PM
... I see you emailed me the AU-211p install guide .

Wait a minute ... ughh You mean I send you wrong file. I wanted to send you CAC/PIV install but was in rush this morning :D
Let see if I can power on remotely my work PC...

There is another switch 41 in CAC/PIV guide bring it to 00000000.

tsbservice
04-23-2021, 05:02 PM
Which FW version do you have on that machine?
I would try to Initialize all after returning soft switches. Basically when you install/uninstall normal card reader you do steps in reverse.

blazebusiness
04-23-2021, 05:10 PM
Which FW version do you have on that machine?
I would try to Initialize all after returning soft switches. Basically when you install/uninstall normal card reader you do steps in reverse.

Running the latest FW. Will try returning the soft sw 41 to 00 as you suggest. Emujo is correct, in the search for super low meter units those DOD machines are the ones at the wholesaler with low meters and the issue. And, for security reasons they do indeed make it complicated to uninstall.

tsbservice
04-23-2021, 05:13 PM
Running the latest FW. Will try returning the soft sw 41 to 00 as you suggest. Emujo is correct, in the search for super low meter units those DOD machines are the ones at the wholesaler with low meters and the issue. And, for security reasons they do indeed make it complicated to uninstall.

Search One stop solutions for CAC/PIV you may find some clues there...

blazebusiness
04-30-2021, 02:54 PM
Wait a minute ... ughh You mean I send you wrong file. I wanted to send you CAC/PIV install but was in rush this morning :D
Let see if I can power on remotely my work PC...

There is another switch 41 in CAC/PIV guide bring it to 00000000.

Ok, thanks again for all the replies guys. Closing out this thread, what finally worked was:

Change soft switch 12 to Hex 00 got us part way there------got rid of the error code at startup

Don't waste time with the reset tool......machine will restore all the installed piv/cac settings from the SSD after the reset and you are then right back where you started with that error.

So, what did work was setting soft switch 12 to Hex 00, then connecting a laptop via network cable to the copier. All of the rest of the stuff we needed to disable was available under admin mode using the pagescope web connection. Then copier booted normally again. Then we just did our normal basic used machine prep procedure prior to purchasing the low meter copier.

Custom Search