PDA

View Full Version : 4e woes

Custom Search

tsbservice
04-22-2021, 04:25 PM
Had one machine stuck on 2 pillars, fans and lights are working but can't boot. It will restart itself after about 10 minutes sitting. Well tried to remove-finisher, ADF, dual scan board, HDD, tried FW, trouble reset, tried re-seating SSD and memory module. Nothing. So inevitably I need new SSDB...but KM said there is no new in their warehouse.
Any ideas? I know that probably fitting SSD from another machine won't work but has anyone tried it and have any clues?
Doing a favour for a friend...

kenpio
04-22-2021, 07:53 PM
Sounds like everything else. Ordered parts this morning and all but one are back ordered! Try to get a TB for a C4050i. Don't know when we will get one of those. I think a lot of the parts were on the Evergreen in the Suez???

tsbservice
04-22-2021, 08:15 PM
Sounds like everything else. Ordered parts this morning and all but one are back ordered! Try to get a TB for a C4050i. Don't know when we will get one of those. I think a lot of the parts were on the Evergreen in the Suez???

I really don't see what that has to contribute here. We all read news, heard stories and experience lack of goods. Back off dude.

emujo2
04-22-2021, 08:57 PM
I think he is only commenting on your issue getting parts..The e series is still supported and SSD boards should be available. We are having issues with main boards on these as well, batteries are going dead and of course SSD says put a new board in..These are impossible to find as well..Fusers, paper feed rollers, WTB, production toner, everything has been affected by these shipping disasters..Not too mention, whwn they finally get to a US port they wait for weeks to offload the cargo due to covid restrictions

tsbservice
04-22-2021, 09:21 PM
I think he is only commenting on your issue getting parts..The e series is still supported and SSD boards should be available. We are having issues with main boards on these as well, batteries are going dead and of course SSD says put a new board in..These are impossible to find as well..Fusers, paper feed rollers, WTB, production toner, everything has been affected by these shipping disasters..Not too mention, whwn they finally get to a US port they wait for weeks to offload the cargo due to covid restrictions

Sure if I wanted to rant against consumables/parts/machines shortages I will put thread in proper forum(read non technical) and wait for your answers guys.

kenpio
04-22-2021, 09:22 PM
WOW sorry dude!! Just stating that it is hard to get parts...

tulintron
04-22-2021, 09:37 PM
Had one machine stuck on 2 pillars, fans and lights are working but can't boot. It will restart itself after about 10 minutes sitting. Well tried to remove-finisher, ADF, dual scan board, HDD, tried FW, trouble reset, tried re-seating SSD and memory module. Nothing. So inevitably I need new SSDB...but KM said there is no new in their warehouse.
Any ideas? I know that probably fitting SSD from another machine won't work but has anyone tried it and have any clues?
Doing a favour for a friend...The SSD stores PRCB data and backup.

Check SSD in Self Diagnostic.

Disable HDD and format SSD to physical.

On the other printer, back up the PRCB in [Service Mode]> [Enhanced Security]> [Engine Data Backup].

Remove the original SSD and install the "defective" SSD.

Perform the replacement according to the service manual.

tsbservice
04-22-2021, 09:44 PM
The SSD stores PRCB data and backup.

Check SSD in Self Diagnostic.

Disable HDD and format SSD to physical.

On the other printer, back up the PRCB in [Service Mode]> [Enhanced Security]> [Engine Data Backup].

Remove the original SSD and install the "defective" SSD.

Perform the replacement according to the service manual.

Unfortunately I can't get into service mode to perform anything in troubled machine.

Synthohol
04-23-2021, 12:50 AM
Unfortunately I can't get into service mode to perform anything in troubled machine.
did you try to get to service mode doing a trouble reset?
will it go in TR mode holding panel reset while powering up?

copyman
04-23-2021, 04:24 AM

Leave service port cover open with no USB drive in it. Tape open. Turn machine on and wait awhile (up to 10 mins), I've been lucky a few times with machines boot up that way so I could get into service mode to format hdd, load firmware, etc etc. That service port door actuates a sensor when closed and why it has to stay open during whole process. Hope it works for you. good luck

tsbservice
04-23-2021, 06:38 AM
did you try to get to service mode doing a trouble reset?
will it go in TR mode holding panel reset while powering up?
Tried that won't go.

Leave service port cover open with no USB drive in it. Tape open. Turn machine on and wait awhile (up to 10 mins), I've been lucky a few times with machines boot up that way so I could get into service mode to format hdd, load firmware, etc etc. That service port door actuates a sensor when closed and why it has to stay open during whole process. Hope it works for you. good luck
Will give it a go. Thanks.

tsbservice
04-23-2021, 06:50 AM
WOW sorry dude!! Just stating that it is hard to get parts...
Never mind, just been frustrated that I'm doing my best but that machine still is a brick...

tsbservice
05-08-2021, 09:21 PM
Fellow techs just follow up. New SSD board solved this.
Basically on 4e series you see only two pillars it's going to be SSD.
As stubborn as I'm when they get the hell out of me...

CP-1015
05-09-2021, 06:50 AM
Doing a favour for a friend...

I've only used SSD together with MFP from an old machine.

Custom Search