PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Multiple Movie Data/PDF-A on a single USB

Custom Search

tmmdmmm
04-25-2021, 01:11 AM
Has anyone had any luck storing all various movie data and pdf-a firmware on a single USB for multiple machines? Slowly getting annoying having to install them individually. Want to know if its possible before I even try

Phil B.
04-25-2021, 01:19 AM
Has anyone had any luck storing all various movie data and pdf-a firmware on a single USB for multiple machines? Slowly getting annoying having to install them individually. Want to know if its possible before I even try

probably not possible since most firmware require that is be on root of the usb device.. not sure but just knowing the industry.

slimslob
04-25-2021, 01:34 AM
If you keep up to date files stored on your laptop computer, it only takes seconds to prepare a thumb drive. Carry 2 or 3 thumb drives and you can be prepping one while another is loading to the machine.

blackcat4866
04-25-2021, 02:08 AM
You can place multiple FILES on a single USB for a single machine, but yes, the ones you are using have to be on the root of the drive. And there are repetitive names, so the machine would have no idea which file of the same name to select. =^..^=

rrrohan
04-25-2021, 03:54 AM
I think it's possible but requires a text file in a specific format that I never investigated

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

copier tech
04-25-2021, 10:53 AM

Yes you can store multiple firmware files on one USB pen I have been doing this for a while.

The machine will pick the correct FWxxx folder same with the movie files.

For the older models that don't use the FWxxx file system like the C224 etc you need to use the FWSelect method however I don't bother as these older models can be a bit temperamental.

tsbservice
04-25-2021, 03:53 PM
Yes you can store multiple firmware files on one USB pen I have been doing this for a while.

For the older models that don't use the FWxxx file system like the C224 etc you need to use the FWSelect method however I don't bother as these older models can be a bit temperamental.

Agree. I also carry multiple FW files on one USB flash drive. I have text file with their description. I don't have Movie data on this USB but I would think it's not problem to have different tar(Movie data) files on the same USB - their names are unique and machine will just pick correct one.

tmmdmmm
04-25-2021, 04:03 PM

Thanks! So just to confirm, in the root of the USB I would have the various FW folders for something like 8 and i series machines, and add a FWSelect folder with all the various 4 series files that would have originally been in the root? While not getting my hopes up on the 4 series, of course

copier tech
04-25-2021, 04:58 PM
Thanks! So just to confirm, in the root of the USB I would have the various FW folders for something like 8 and i series machines, and add a FWSelect folder with all the various 4 series files that would have originally been in the root? While not getting my hopes up on the 4 series, of course

Yes, this the pen I use the most. It has the 7, 8, Cxx51 & all the i series on.

I have a separate pen for the 4e series.

tsbservice
04-25-2021, 05:14 PM

4 series are pretty picky when it comes to USB thumb, I prefer to use old(but proven) 2Gb flash drive for just them and 16Gb Transcend for newer models.

Here is the list of recomended USB flash drives:

mascan42
04-27-2021, 01:58 PM
For movie and font data, this is does work. Firmware is a different matter, requiring special folders and whatnot. But I have all of the movie data for every model machine going back several years on one USB.

copier tech
04-27-2021, 02:27 PM
For movie and font data, this is does work. Firmware is a different matter, requiring special folders and whatnot. But I have all of the movie data for every model machine going back several years on one USB.

Yes you can add the movies files to the same USB with all the firmware the movies files simply need to be on the root of your pen.

I’ve been using a 32GB USB 2.0 pen without any issues.

tmmdmmm
04-27-2021, 03:28 PM

Thanks! This is exactly what I was asking

Custom Search