PDA

View Full Version : Effect of economy on business

Custom Search

fixthecopier
11-23-2008, 06:45 PM
How have the recent problems in the economy affected your company? We recently added 2 new techs but we always are shorthanded. Sales can't get deals bought so the boss is doing in house financing to sell copiers. Just to move stock, I am selling Lanier LP222 printers for almost cost @$499. So how is your business?

mjarbar
11-24-2008, 09:35 AM
So far I think we have been pretty lucky, we are rushed off our feet getting machines out the door but on the sales side we have seen the number of quotes slow down a bit.

I think a couple of factors are working in our favour at the mo, as you all know with Ricoh buying Ikon, Canon has - to my understanding - already cut ties with Ikon which means some of their customers in this neck of the woods have started coming to us as their machines come off contract, also some of the local authorities have had their copier contracts go out to tender which we are going for.

I think for us the real effects will be seen next April when the new financial year kicks in and the companies out their have the real cash to part with!

Agent86
11-25-2008, 07:02 AM
Sales is slower, people are hesitant to sigh a lease and the leasing companys ar pretty tight with the cash. service is still steady as always.

Elle
11-25-2008, 12:40 PM
we've seen very little effect here in OK biggest thing i notice is fewer service calls - almost as if the customers arent running the machines as much but we did a crash setup on 5 new models late last week to be delivered - oh and we still need a tech :p

Custom Search