PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous BizHub C3110 in need of some slim Fast 6K worth of Toner in 259 pages???

Custom Search

Me_vs_C3110
04-27-2021, 05:19 PM
How it all started,
It alerted that the waste bin was full which I could not understand how that could be possible. I did replace the bin and it started right backup. If it had not done this I would not know there was an issue.

Here are the Stats 259 Pages Total on the counter; printer is only turned on 4 times per month for approximately 30min each time.
In the above it has cycled 99% of toner into the waste bin and used up 25% of drum life. As you can see these numbers are nowhere near the expected yields. Something must be wrong, is there a setting I can change or a screw I can turn to correct this?

YEILDS---------On The Meter---------My Expectation
Drums 30K ----Over 25% ------------Just Under 1%
Toners 6K ------Over 99% ------------About 5%

This is a large spread and I have added screen shots of the admin panel.

Thanks In advance for any help you are able to provide,

Phil B.
04-27-2021, 05:22 PM
How it all started,
It alerted that the waste bin was full which I could not understand how that could be possible. I did replace the bin and it started right backup. If it had not done this I would not know there was an issue.

Here are the Stats 259 Pages Total on the counter; printer is only turned on 4 times per month for approximately 30min each time.
In the above it has cycled 99% of toner into the waste bin and used up 25% of drum life. As you can see these numbers are nowhere near the expected yields. Something must be wrong, is there a setting I can change or a screw I can turn to correct this?

YEILDS On The Meter My Expectation
Drums 30K Over 25% Just Under 1%
Toners 6K Over 99% About 5%

This is a large spread and I have added screen shots of the admin panel.

Thanks In advance for any help you are able to provide,

every time you turn on the unit.. it calibrates the machines color... therefore wasting toner

if you are printing lots of graphics/borders that wastes toner also.

Me_vs_C3110
04-27-2021, 05:35 PM
I would think that $200 plus dollars in toner for total of 259 pages is not going to work out long term...
all of the prints where printing utility bills from pdf file that came in email not pictures.
Basic Electric, Water, Monthly billing statement; where online payment was not offered
we now have every thing set to online pay but she still eating way to much for no output...

Phil B.
04-27-2021, 05:44 PM
I would think that $200 plus dollars in toner for total of 259 pages is not going to work out long term...
all of the prints where printing utility bills from pdf file that came in email not pictures.
Basic Electric, Water, Monthly billing statement; where online payment was not offered
we now have every thing set to online pay but she still eating way to much for no output...

it's an older unit .. how long did it sit idle? that can affect yields on all supplies/parts

if you continue to service this yourself you really need to find a service manual for it

post request here: https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/service-manual-requests/

Me_vs_C3110
04-27-2021, 06:06 PM
What is the total page count expectation for C3110 I think it was rate at 10K-20K per month ish'
I have not got 300 pages to date
Purchased Brand New on 4/30/2018 it's not like I scored a ebay deal.
so she's almost 4 just a baby still.

Toner is a dry powder so its not like old ribbons that dry out.

I do have the service manual for it and I have search it they do not address over eating in it.

I am looking for the info that they don't want me to know ... that turns there cash cow into a kitten.

Phil B.
04-27-2021, 06:13 PM
What is the total page count expectation for C3110 I think it was rate at 10K-20K per month ish'
I have not got 300 pages to date
Purchased Brand New on 4/30/2018 it's not like I scored a ebay deal.
so she's almost 4 just a baby still.

Toner is a dry powder so its not like old ribbons that dry out.

I do have the service manual for it and I have search it they do not address over eating in it.

I am looking for the info that they don't want me to know ... that turns there cash cow into a kitten.

OK for the LAST time.. these machines are meant to be RUN and run heavy ... sitting powered off has a negative affect on them....

are you using OEM genuine Canon toner? If not that wears the machine more.

again you can't go on when it was purchased vs # of pages run on it... seals have dried out... oil in the fuser has dried.

this is the last I will discuss on this machine... you end users just don't get it.

emujo2
04-27-2021, 06:34 PM
Phil, this is a KM C3100 desktop printer...FYI..are you using aftermarket toner? Stick a magnetized screw driver into the waste box, see if you get developer. If so, you may have a power supply problem (bais, cleaning) any problem here can really pull toner. E

Me_vs_C3110
04-27-2021, 06:44 PM
OK for the LAST time.. these machines are meant to be RUN and run heavy ... sitting powered off has a negative affect on them....

are you using OEM genuine Canon toner? If not that wears the machine more.

again you can't go on when it was purchased vs # of pages run on it... seals have dried out... oil in the fuser has dried.

this is the last I will discuss on this machine... you end users just don't get it.

Phil I understand your frustration, believe me I asked a tuff question... I run 6 of these at work as well ....

No I am not using "OEM genuine Canon toner?" I am using KM genuine toner and this will be her first diaper change.

Please don't take a tone with Me over real problem presented, If I am missing the point please enlighten Me;

My Manuel has no maintenance schedule saying I need to change seals or oil anything.

Am I a KM Tech NO but far from End User class ... If you have any good tech on what I can do for a machine with Long Idles between uses I will listen... but don't shame me for how I don't run it hard enough I came here for intel On things I can control, not things I can not.

cheers...

tsbservice
04-27-2021, 07:04 PM
This is old model so being not used at ALL and just sitting on the shelf maybe 7-8 years I easily could imagine your imaging units and toners are all gone in therms of time not print counters. Unfortunately Ed is probably right and soon low image quality due to lack of developer is to be expected.

Max
04-27-2021, 08:43 PM
Not 100% sure on those. Can it be set to black priority calibration instead of normal or colour? Like you can on later model. If so will save some toner on calibration cycle.

tsbservice
04-27-2021, 09:04 PM
Not 100% sure on those. Can it be set to black priority calibration instead of normal or colour? Like you can on later model. If so will save some toner on calibration cycle.

Rubbish. Imo Konica Minolta never ever had good A4 color machines nor monochrome. C3110 isn't making any exception.

copier tech
04-27-2021, 09:20 PM
This is an old model now. Part life is based on time AND print/copy count.

Single or short run prints/copies uses more toner etc than a longer run. (all this toner goes into the waste box)

To put in perspective say you bought a brand new car and only drive it to church a mile on Sunday, after a year it would prompt you it is due a service even with a few miles on the clock.

Plus you have most likely never updated the firmware there are/were loads of bug fixes resolved by updating the firmware.

Me_vs_C3110
04-28-2021, 06:36 AM

sounds like something they would bury in a soft switch somewhere Thanks For the Tip ...willl

Me_vs_C3110
04-28-2021, 06:56 AM
Phil, this is a KM C3100 desktop printer...FYI..are you using aftermarket toner? Stick a magnetized screw driver into the waste box, see if you get developer. If so, you may have a power supply problem (bais, cleaning) any problem here can really pull toner. E

I only use true blue KM Toners and IU / these are the factory install that came with it new

I did not know the dev powder was ferrous that's a great tip only one problem I already got rid of the filled waste bin but I will start checking for that.. hope I don't get black fuzzy Right

Thanks Will

Me_vs_C3110
04-28-2021, 07:17 AM
This is old model so being not used at ALL and just sitting on the shelf maybe 7-8 years I easily could imagine your imaging units and toners are all gone in therms of time not print counters. Unfortunately Ed is probably right and soon low image quality due to lack of developer is to be expected.

I am not really sure has a MFG Of March 2018 and I got them on 4-30-2018 so about a month from china/japan to New Jersey then to Texas I got all 6 of them on one skid

I am going to test with the mag tipped screw driver in the waste box as soon as there is something in there would like to know what goes bad in the developer over time

Print quality is still spot on...

Thanks for the input ...

Me_vs_C3110
04-28-2021, 07:28 AM
Rubbish. Imo Konica Minolta never ever had good A4 color machines nor monochrome. C3110 isn't making any exception.

Great I have the wrong printer and the wrong car all tdi here

Me_vs_C3110
04-28-2021, 07:36 AM
This is an old model now. Part life is based on time AND print/copy count.

Single or short run prints/copies uses more toner etc than a longer run. (all this toner goes into the waste box)

To put in perspective say you bought a brand new car and only drive it to church a mile on Sunday, after a year it would prompt you it is due a service even with a few miles on the clock.

Plus you have most likely never updated the firmware there are/were loads of bug fixes resolved by updating the firmware.

What is not old yesterday? she has March 2018 Mfg Date....
I agree whole heartedly on the single shot wastes toner and would not have ever brought it up if I had gotten 3K pages on 6k toner boxes
well at least with the car I would be within a half mile from GOD maybe he could help with this
You posted on the firmware post I made which I did get installed and working she was already up to Gen 3 do you have a list ? better yet a list of all the soft switches ??
Thanks for your input

copier addict
04-28-2021, 06:09 PM
What is not old yesterday? she has March 2018 Mfg Date....
I agree whole heartedly on the single shot wastes toner and would not have ever brought it up if I had gotten 3K pages on 6k toner boxes
well at least with the car I would be within a half mile from GOD maybe he could help with this
You posted on the firmware post I made which I did get installed and working she was already up to Gen 3 do you have a list ? better yet a list of all the soft switches ??
Thanks for your input

I'm not 100% sure but this printer may have come with "starter" toners. They have a fraction of the yield of a full toner

3ktlc
04-29-2021, 01:58 PM
None of the Konica Minolta A4's for me get close to their yields.

Custom Search