PDA

View Full Version : Heads up on Harriers, C4200

Custom Search

blackcat4866
11-24-2008, 07:33 PM
I heard this on another forum, and its very true. My in-shop CS-8030 had a C4200 code on it when I got in this morning.

The last thing that I did Friday was upgrade the firmware to v. 360 11-8-8.

The cure is downgrade your firmware to v. 352 2-8-8. The rumor is that the manufacturer is already aware of the problem and rushing another upgrade through.

If you haven't loaded v. 360, don't! And if you already have, downgrade to v. 352. =^..^=

chexin51
11-25-2008, 08:20 PM
CS-8030 is a Copy Star 8030 which is the twin brother of a KM-8030 which is a Kyocera Mita 8030. This code indicates a laser speed problem on the octagon mirror motor. I had this problem once and was successful in getting rid of it by unplugging then replugging the data wiring connections to the laser ( thanks Carmine ). The machine has done 700K since with no more codes. There also were some issues with some modifications to the the Transfer Belt wire connection spring. If a PM is performed the mods are not included with the rebuild kit for the transfer bed unit so you must transfer the mod at each PM. It might be that the laser has failed so you might get in touch with Ambassador Tech Services for a repair. And then again it might be the firmware as previously posted.

Custom Search