PDA

View Full Version : Looking to pay someone to fix a copier for me

Custom Search

Jwulf1092
05-05-2021, 11:13 PM
I have remote access the the network where a copier is installed.
We can use my software, or team viewer, or whatever.
The facility has a Konica Minolta Bizhub C360. They own it, no support contract.
We had scan to email set up and working. Email addresses changed.
Onsite staff tried to update the scanner via web interface, but could not get it to work.
I was brought in. I changed a few settings and now the printer will scan the doc, and no on screen error at the printer.
The job history page shows that the job was completed with an OK, but nothing shows up in the end users email, or junk, etc...
I am hoping someone with some time to spare and willing to get paid to help will log in and help[ me get this working.
I am also willing to entertain advice and where to go to fix this, but that is not my preference.
Thanks for your time.
JW

bsm2
05-05-2021, 11:51 PM
If its leaving the machine most likely a spam filter is putting it in spam mail or its being blocked by there email server

You can get with whoever does there email and have them check

You can PM me

rrrohan
05-06-2021, 12:23 AM
Scan To Email Tester (https://www.scantoemailtester.com/)

See if this gives any info.

Does it use authentication. Can you log into the mailbox and check for any return to sender messages?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

BillyCarpenter
05-06-2021, 01:57 AM

Does it use authentication. Can you log into the mailbox and check for any return to sender messages?

I like that. I'm gonna try it out. Thanks.

Jwulf1092
05-06-2021, 04:10 AM
If its leaving the machine most likely a spam filter is putting it in spam mail or its being blocked by there email server

You can get with whoever does there email and have them check

You can PM me

I PM'd you.
It appears to be leaving the machine, as the scanner says the job completed ok. The sending and receiving emails are O365 at Go Daddy.
I have access to all of their email accounts.
I tried scanning to 2 diff emails, neither one saw the incoming email, and neither has an email in spam or junk or any other folder.
I also checked their O365 webmail, nothing there either.

Jwulf1092
05-06-2021, 04:27 AM

I looked at the scanner. I do not like it because I have to give critical email information to a website I do not know.
I could change the password, but While resetting the password today at Go Daddy, I had issues where an hour later I could not log in on the website with that password, so there was a delay in the updating of the password. I don't want to cause that again, thusly shutting me out of trying other options.
But I do wnat to say thank you for trying to help, THAT is greatly appreciated!
JW

Jwulf1092
05-06-2021, 04:28 AM
I like that. I'm gonna try it out. Thanks.

I do not know who @BillyCarpenter is. He is NOT me, the OP.
I assume he mistakenly replied to this message.
JW

rrrohan
05-06-2021, 04:36 AM
You could put the setting in your own email client of choice.

What I'm after is if you setup the client with matching settings to copier, if U try does it work on PC? And if not do you get a bounce back email?

Phil B.
05-06-2021, 06:50 AM
I do not know who @BillyCarpenter is. He is NOT me, the OP.
I assume he mistakenly replied to this message.
JWNo he was replying to rrrohan about email tester

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

kingarthur
05-06-2021, 09:01 AM
I PM'd you.
It appears to be leaving the machine, as the scanner says the job completed ok. The sending and receiving emails are O365 at Go Daddy.
I have access to all of their email accounts.
I tried scanning to 2 diff emails, neither one saw the incoming email, and neither has an email in spam or junk or any other folder.
I also checked their O365 webmail, nothing there either.

I've had this before using 365...make sure that the "send" email is the correct one for the 365 account, as the machine will send it...but it wont reach its destination....
go into system settings and double check the email addresses

Jwulf1092
05-06-2021, 11:45 AM
You could put the setting in your own email client of choice.

What I'm after is if you setup the client with matching settings to copier, if U try does it work on PC? And if not do you get a bounce back email?

@rrrohan, To answer your earlier question that I missed, NO there is no bounceback or error message in the inbox.
This email is used EXCLUSIVELY for scanning to email, so it was easy to tell that the inbox was empty LOL.

I went ahead and set up the email on a mail client as a pop account, to emulate what is setup in the Bizhub. It did not work, erroring out on inbound authentication. I called Godaddy and got a different inbound email server address to use (outlook.office365.com). That worked on my on prem outlook software, and the account completed setup in Outlook, and I was able to send and receive a test message in outlook. I have changed that setting in the Scanner in the slim hopes it will fix me sending lost email problem. I am not onsite, so I have to wait for staff to get in tomorrow morning to test it. I will let you know what happens.
Thanks again for sharing your wisdom with me!!!
JW

rrrohan
05-06-2021, 12:42 PM
@rrrohan, To answer your earlier question that I missed, NO there is no bounceback or error message in the inbox.
This email is used EXCLUSIVELY for scanning to email, so it was easy to tell that the inbox was empty LOL.

I went ahead and set up the email on a mail client as a pop account, to emulate what is setup in the Bizhub. It did not work, erroring out on inbound authentication. I called Godaddy and got a different inbound email server address to use (outlook.office365.com). That worked on my on prem outlook software, and the account completed setup in Outlook, and I was able to send and receive a test message in outlook. I have changed that setting in the Scanner in the slim hopes it will fix me sending lost email problem. I am not onsite, so I have to wait for staff to get in tomorrow morning to test it. I will let you know what happens.
JW

scan to email problems use to be easy. just used ISP mail server port 25 and let it authenticate off the fact its originating from the customers WAN IP

this days with encryption even doing a port capture u often dont get any info

I find HP/Samsung do a much better job at testing email. the fact KM still dont have a test button for any scan method has always been a let down.

Last Samsung copier that had email problems it printed a nice report explaining the issue. KM gives server connection errors or login error and a lot of the time this is very misleading

add ontop that some mail clients like gmail will block everything until you toggle on a option (less secure apps) and had you not know this the errors the copier gives would of helped you zero.

i dont know how techs troubleshoot pre dating google/CTN

tsbservice
05-06-2021, 01:29 PM
scan to email problems use to be easy. just used ISP mail server port 25 and let it authenticate off the fact its originating from the customers WAN IP

this days with encryption even doing a port capture u often dont get any info

I find HP/Samsung do a much better job at testing email. the fact KM still dont have a test button for any scan method has always been a let down.

Last Samsung copier that had email problems it printed a nice report explaining the issue. KM gives server connection errors or login error and a lot of the time this is very misleading

add ontop that some mail clients like gmail will block everything until you toggle on a option (less secure apps) and had you not know this the errors the copier gives would of helped you zero.

i dont know how techs troubleshoot pre dating google/CTN

I completely agree on KM useless error description. 99% it's server connection error or auth/login error.
Or error codes descriptions are total jokes.

Jwulf1092
05-07-2021, 05:50 AM

JW
@rrrohan, it seems changing the inbound server to the correct address has done the trick.
Thanks tons for your wisdom and help!!!;)

Custom Search