PDA

View Full Version : C458 with blue LEDs below control panel lit all the time

Custom Search

adecanmin
05-06-2021, 10:54 PM
Gentlemen
I purchased this recently. I made sure there were no jobs in the que. When I boot the machine up the LED is off until it is ready to scan then it is on. Not blinking steady blue. Machine works fine. Is there anyway I can turn this off? All my machines have the LEDs off. This is the first one with the LED on without a print job or fax.

allan
05-07-2021, 12:23 AM
Unplug the network cable then start it up to see if the data light stays on. Does the LED's start blinking if you send a job? Does it have a fax kit installed?

You can unplug the LED connector for a workaround if its that much of an issue.

adecanmin
05-07-2021, 01:02 AM
Unplug the network cable then start it up to see if the data light stays on. Does the LED's start blinking if you send a job? Does it have a fax kit installed?

You can unplug the LED connector for a workaround if its that much of an issue.
No network cable attached. It has a fax. I don't want to spent too much time on it. Maybe this is easier. The tab for check consumable life under utility is missing. Is that a soft switch setting to bring it back? I really like this machine so far. The document feeder is fantastic.

adecanmin
05-07-2021, 02:04 AM
Found the cause of the blue LEDs always on. Corrupted data in the fax rx/tx memory boxes. Ran fax file format. No more blue light

adecanmin
05-07-2021, 02:50 AM
found the copytechnet thread about the consumables tab missing. Soft switch 227 HEX 00

Custom Search