PDA

View Full Version : DF704 misfeed unless in Service Mode

Custom Search

tmmdmmm
05-11-2021, 04:32 AM
Running a C258 with a 704df. Constant 66-33 misfeeds when making copies, but doing a passage test in SM works perfectly. Also seems like passage outside of SM is nearly half the speed as in SM, lagging a bit all the way up and past PS6. Doesn't matter if its 8.5 or 11" lead, and its detecting the right size paper.
I didn't think about making a test copy using the original stop position, and probably won't be able to be back there to test for a bit.
Any ideas?

tsbservice
05-11-2021, 07:42 AM
Clean PS6 and its reflector.

copyman
05-11-2021, 11:54 AM
Copying from doc feeder is always slower than scanning and normal.

i would check for dirty sensors or out of place actuator, etc

tmmdmmm
05-11-2021, 03:31 PM
Clean PS6 and its reflector.

Cleaned PS6 and the black, but the code points towards PS3, which is actuating fine and shows properly in sensor check. It also runs slow from start, prior to PS3 and well past PS6

tmmdmmm
05-11-2021, 03:32 PM
Copying from doc feeder is always slower than scanning and normal.

Thanks. Wouldn't be surprised if I was overthinking the speed, but I'm only 70% sure its running slow. Regardless I was called for the 66-33s and got that taken care of, just hoping it wasn't a side effect of being slow. Don't want the CB

tmmdmmm
05-20-2021, 01:49 AM
Update: I was definitely right, although speed is influenced by scan settings this was excessively slow.

Got a callback for more jams. Swapped Control board and motors (one had a slight tick) and problem persisted. Ended up swapping the entire DF for a known good (including the black data cable) and got it up and running. New DF was running about twice as fast when copying, closer to how paper passage was feeding in Service mode. Not sure exactly what was causing it, but its pretty much down to the CIS or black cable, regardless I've never seen it before

Custom Search