PDA

View Full Version : Konica C550 Find the right Red

Custom Search

BrentV
11-24-2008, 10:05 PM
I am trying to match a red on a christmas card. The red that prints by default from the pdf is more of an orange red and does not match. I am looking for more of a deep red. I have fiddled with the print driver settings CMYK, brightness, contract, saturation, to no avail. Why isn't it matching the PDF or the card we printed on another copier that matches the color almost perfectly. (it was a ricoh 2232)?

moonwalker3778
11-25-2008, 05:50 AM
colors u r watching on computer screen differ from the machine settings.u ve to set the color profile for ur pc that matches with the machine settings.

That y external image controller(fiery) required.

Thank you

minimerlin
11-25-2008, 08:32 PM
Does your C550 have a fiery controller or just the konicaminolta built in controller..the fiery enables you to have much more control of output, the basic one is meant for office color.

Easy way to find out is to print the Demo Print from the copier...if it just has a picture of a bird in a tree and some color blocks you only have a built in controller not a fiery!

BrentV
11-26-2008, 01:01 PM
No our C550 does not have a Fiery Controller. The frustrating thing is I ended up printing on a Ricoh Aficio 2232 (it also does not have a fiery controller) and without any modification to colors it printed beautifully. It does have 1200 dpi versus 600 dpi on the C550. So I'm not sure what the difference is, if the Ricoh controller is just better than the Konica one.

WaveyDavey
11-26-2008, 01:13 PM
lots of differences tbh but if you are using the PS driver you should be able to utilize icc profiles for the device and get the output you require. if its not been setup correctly it could look pants.

suomi
11-28-2008, 10:32 AM
Try PCL driver...

bigmark
11-29-2008, 04:15 PM
well, good news bad news. Try to print from the tech rep mode the reg test pattern. if this is still coming out orange you are going to need new transfer belt. I have had this problem several times now. it usually happens fairly quickly after installation of new belt or placement of the new machine. for some reason the aidc sensors are not reading the color correctly on the belt and it causes the magenta IU to over tone. eventually pulling developer from the Magenta IU, and eventually reds start coming out orange. so new IU (magenta) and new Transfer belt might be needed.

Custom Search