PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine C554e pillars of death

Custom Search

DigiMan
05-11-2021, 11:26 AM
Goodmorning everyone

Got my hands on a c554e the other day with the issue of when you boot it up it will restart once at 2 pillars then proceed to stay on 4? pillars with the konica minolta logo and stay there.For good measure i tried reloading FW first but it wont take it,as in if i try it will stay at 4 pillars(without KM logo)and wont load the FW.Had this issue before and i solved it by replacing the SSDB but this time after putting in a new SSDB it still wont let me load FW.As a last effort i changed the MFPB but it still wont let me load FW(it still gets stuck on 4 pillars).I know these models are finnicky when it comes to board replacements but sadly im running out of ideas here...Any insight would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

copyman
05-11-2021, 11:50 AM
Did you try different RAM memory sticks?

This has worked for me several times: Try turning on "main switch" with USB service port open and NO thumb drive inserted. Tape the small metal cover so it stays open. This may allow the machine to start up normal. Then you can get into service mode to format hard drive, do a system clear, etc etc

DigiMan
05-11-2021, 11:53 AM
Thnks copyman but i probably should have mentioned it that prior to changing anything i was able to get in service mode through the trouble reset and tried the things you mentioned.

copyman
05-11-2021, 12:22 PM
Thnks copyman but i probably should have mentioned it that prior to changing anything i was able to get in service mode through the trouble reset and tried the things you mentioned.

Damn you have done everything possible. Did you use new ssd & MFP board or used from another machine?

Have you tried starting machine with the reset firmware or just the regular f/w?

tsbservice
05-11-2021, 01:12 PM
Try reset FW(tool) with old MFPB however you probably will lost counters(but not consumables).

Also check out for flat battery on MFPB.

copier tech
05-11-2021, 01:31 PM
I would start again by fitting all the original boards back.

Disconnect the HDD, clean the ram contacts & see if the machine boots up.

If you can access CE mode try an "all clear" then re-boot.

If you fitted a used MFP did you follow the official recommended procedure?

tulintron
05-11-2021, 01:34 PM
I would follow the same steps as @Copier Tech

DigiMan
05-19-2021, 10:14 AM
Hey everyone thanks for the replies!

Long story short i wrestled with it for 4 days while doing everything you guys mentioned(all the parts were new)but it got the better of me,still after everything nothing changed on its behaviour so i decided to scrap it for parts..

Thnks again guys

Custom Search