PDA

View Full Version : C550 Multiple batch scan

Custom Search

btg
11-25-2008, 04:25 AM
Hey guys,

A quick question regarding the scan feature. I have 50 seperate documents i want to scan but dont want to stand by the copier and insert 50 scan jobs. Is there any way i can get the c550 to separate the documents? I know certain canon products allow you to insert a barcoded page that registers with the scanner as a document separator page so that a new file is created each time one of those pages are scanned.

Does anyone know if the c550 can do a similar function?

B0265
11-25-2008, 07:51 AM
In "Scan Settings" > "File type", select "Single page".

btg
11-25-2008, 11:29 PM
sorry that answer confused me a little.. doesnt single page just mean i can only scan 1 page at a time?

could you pls elaborate?

dogsbody
11-26-2008, 07:01 AM
single pge is exactly, that one file for each page scanned. I am pretty sure that that omnipage pro (konica package it here as "Unity Desktop" along with Paper Port don't know about anywhere else) would do what you want.

pepper38_cnd
11-27-2008, 10:14 PM
Scan it as a jpeg you will end up with 50 pictures.

pepper38_cnd
11-27-2008, 10:30 PM
It is just like dogsbody said. It doesn't get any easier than that. Here it is right out of the owners manual.

btg
11-27-2008, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the replies guys,

I'll look into this further especially down the unity desktop route because even though my batch contains approx 50 separate documents each document can be 3-4 pages long, hence the single page setting would put me in a similar problem where i have to combine lots of single pages to create each document rather than separate one large document to multiple smaller ones.

bigmark
11-29-2008, 04:19 PM
the other option you have is if you can still find a copy of the alchemy package some place. Alchemy will allow you to print bar coded pages in between the pages of the seperate jobs and then file them into the correct portion of the alchemy database. Only problem is I believe Konica may have stopped supporting and selling Alchemy. Not a 100% on that one though.

bigmark
11-29-2008, 04:20 PM
the other option you have is if you can still find a copy of the alchemy package some place. Alchemy will allow you to print bar coded pages in between the pages of the seperate jobs and then file them into the correct portion of the alchemy database. Only problem is I believe Konica may have stopped supporting and selling Alchemy. Not a 100% on that one though.

Custom Search