PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 558 buzzing near the bridge unit.

Custom Search

blackcat4866
05-12-2021, 12:25 AM
It was simple to key the bridge cover and see that the noise was coming from the exit section, not the bridge.

Manually turning the gears from the exit drive, I can catch the exit timing belt jumping ... so I pulled out the exit section, and it looks like this:

The pulley driven by that timing belt seems to have ovalled out the frame, where the shaft passes through, loosening up the belt. The other bores seem to be intact, not-worn, so I thought maybe an oil impregnated bronze bushing might do the trick, like this:

It's nice and quiet now, and if that 6mm bushing ever shows any wear, it's a small matter to swap it out. =^..^=

Synthohol
05-12-2021, 03:47 AM
your MacGyver skills are on point man, that took my breath away.
really a work of art.

tsbservice
05-12-2021, 07:04 AM
your MacGyver skills are on point man, that took my breath away.
really a work of art.
+1. That bushing should be installed at factory line.
BC mastery is beaten only by his humility.

kingarthur
05-12-2021, 08:52 AM
It was simple to key the bridge cover and see that the noise was coming from the exit section, not the bridge.

Manually turning the gears from the exit drive, I can catch the exit timing belt jumping ... so I pulled out the exit section, and it looks like this:

The pulley driven by that timing belt seems to have ovalled out the frame, where the shaft passes through, loosening up the belt. The other bores seem to be intact, not-worn, so I thought maybe an oil impregnated bronze bushing might do the trick, like this:

It's nice and quiet now, and if that 6mm bushing ever shows any wear, it's a small matter to swap it out. =^..^=

Yep...I had that, did exactly the same thing :cool:

blackcat4866
05-12-2021, 01:57 PM
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if a bulletin comes out to this effect. =^..^=

srvctec
05-12-2021, 05:27 PM

Nice fix! What was the total count on that machine?

blackcat4866
05-12-2021, 05:42 PM
Nice fix! What was the total count on that machine?

225K ... not much. That's mainly why I did not order another inferior plastic piece. =^..^=

tulintron
05-12-2021, 05:56 PM

It's nice and quiet now, and if that 6mm bushing ever shows any wear, it's a small matter to swap it out. =^..^= +2 Excellent idea

Custom Search