PDA

View Full Version : Original left on glass or detecting A4 with no paper C368

Custom Search

lazymangr
05-12-2021, 04:14 PM
Hello everyone! i have a c368 with the original left on glass when i lower the adf. what i have done so far

the machine has only 1 original sensor for a3 in the right side of the platen glass
firmware update to the latest as today.
downgrading firmware to previus version
cleaned 3-4 times glass and mirrors,
replaced slit glass, main platen glass, reed magnetic switch, and adf from other machine that it works
uninstall totally the adf
done non image area and proceeed to the whole adf adjustment as it was first time

the only way that it doesnt detect paper (a4) is when i trigger the swith in the back right and the reed switch with a magnet without adf on
but without platen glass installed.

is there any other option to do?

patrickjlc
05-12-2021, 04:20 PM
Had it before, completely clean the platen glass, any scratch or dirt will trogger the size sensors. Remove the plastic on the side, the 2 metal clips, and clean the glass on both sides.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

patrickjlc
05-12-2021, 04:22 PM
Hello everyone! i have a c368 with the original left on glass when i lower the adf. what i have done so far

the machine has only 1 original sensor for a3 in the right side of the platen glass
firmware update to the latest as today.
downgrading firmware to previus version
cleaned 3-4 times glass and mirrors,
replaced slit glass, main platen glass, reed magnetic switch, and adf from other machine that it works
uninstall totally the adf
done non image area and proceeed to the whole adf adjustment as it was first time

the only way that it doesnt detect paper (a4) is when i trigger the swith in the back right and the reed switch with a magnet without adf on
but without platen glass installed.

is there any other option to do?Can you use the adf or it show the same original left on glass message?

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

lazymangr
05-12-2021, 04:35 PM
I used 2 different adfs platen glass and slit glass from other working c258 machines to check. I done all the sane procedures. Now I am in the insane spectrum

emujo2
05-12-2021, 05:53 PM
paper size detection is done by the length sensor and the CCD for width.. You may need to replace the CCD..E

tech51
05-12-2021, 07:08 PM
Can also be caused by the df sitting to high at the rear.

The black actuator at the rear operates too late fooling the machine into thinking the df is a piece of paper.

The fact that it works when you manually operate the switches makes me think this may be the problem.

Try adjusting it a bit lower using the adjusting screws.

emujo2
05-12-2021, 07:50 PM
This can be ruled in or out by simply measuring the height at which the paper size is detected. PS 202 can be checked in service mode. It should actuate at 14.5 degrees, (20 with a platen cover) E

Synthohol
05-12-2021, 09:34 PM
If it hasn't been mentioned before, a dirty white sheet on adf will make it thing there is paper.

tsbservice
05-12-2021, 10:02 PM
If it hasn't been mentioned before, a dirty white sheet on adf will make it thing there is paper.

He swapped 2 ADFs...he did almost everything. Interesting when problem arised. It's not brand new model now. What's condition of the machine in question? Where it's?

tsbservice
05-13-2021, 08:56 AM
Try to play with Original Size Detection - table 1 or table 2.

lazymangr
05-13-2021, 12:15 PM
It's a leasing return machine with low meter. Tried table 1 and 2. But table 2 is for machines with 2 sensors on the right. The only way that it works as supposed is with the platen glass removed. Even tried another glass from other same type machine and it still not working. A glass that works on the other machine. The only thing I see is the problem is with software of some kind or ccd. Is there any softswitch that I can check? Even Konica that I have contacted have no idea except the "clean everything" answer

Phil B.
05-13-2021, 12:21 PM
It's a leasing return machine with low meter. Tried table 1 and 2. But table 2 is for machines with 2 sensors on the right. The only way that it works as supposed is with the platen glass removed. Even tried another glass from other same type machine and it still not working. A glass that works on the other machine. The only thing I see is the problem is with software of some kind or ccd. Is there any softswitch that I can check? Even Konica that I have contacted have no idea except the "clean everything" answer

something that hasn't been touched on...

is firmware been upgraded to the latest version? does it have additional separate scanner firmware?

rrrohan
05-13-2021, 01:29 PM
ive had this on a 4 series

if u only use ADF your fine but the moment anyone uses the glass until you power cycle it thinks something is on the glass

if u unplug the sensor under glass i bet it will work. it will no longer detect A3 though

emujo2
05-13-2021, 02:01 PM
Size detection on the glass has nothing to do with the ADF other that you are lowering it down to start the detection process..You really need to check your size detection sensors, and angle sensor in service mode. If these function correctly then it's probably the CCD (reads width)..You can't test this..You may also want to ensure the machine is set to the correct marketing area just to rule out something stupid causing this..Bad CCD's were common on the e series, less so on the 8s..I think there used to be a service mode test you could run to check the gain and clamp..Might be worth checking to see if these come back NG. E

lazymangr
05-13-2021, 02:17 PM
That's right it works if I remove the reed switch because it don't enable the paper size detection. But that's not right. I am now replacing ccd and scanner board to check

lazymangr
05-13-2021, 02:23 PM
Nop. No scanner board no lens board from other machine. Same thing.

tulintron
05-13-2021, 03:17 PM
Nop. No scanner board no lens board from other machine. Same thing.Good. Here in our laboratory we have already exchanged the complete scanner table. Very simple removal and would discard many doubts. I agree with Emujo2 to be related to CCD. This sensor on the table identifies only length. The width of the original is identified by the CCD due to the illumination and detection of the original in the mirror.

Replacing the complete scanner table eliminates many suspicions and, even with problems, I would already go to MFPB.

I repeat, removal of the table is extremely simple.

lazymangr
05-13-2021, 03:23 PM
As I said I already replaced scanner board and lens board from other working machine as Konica suggested but it's the same thing. Tomorrow I will contact them again since there is no other option left to try a hard reset of some kind.

rrrohan
05-13-2021, 03:27 PM
That's right it works if I remove the reed switch because it don't enable the paper size detection. But that's not right. I am now replacing ccd and scanner board to check

yep your on the right track.

i replaced the size detection sensor and that fixed it

lazymangr
05-13-2021, 03:34 PM
yep your on the right track.

i replaced the size detection sensor and that fixed it nah I am far from it. All boards that reference to scanning are replaced but no avail

rrrohan
05-13-2021, 03:37 PM
u said if u unplug sensor it works?

did u try replacing it?

thats what fixed it for me on a C754e

lazymangr
05-13-2021, 03:57 PM
If I raise the adf on the right side enough that don't actuate the sensor it works but it's messy because it don't start the procedure to read the platen glass if there is paper. It only works as it is supposed to work if I remove the glass and I trigger the 2 sensors for the adf by hand and by magnet or if I turn the glass bed 180 degrees and there is not in pace the plastic fuller glued on glass. It's like reading in offset and catches light from the plastic ruler. Even with glass from other machine does the same thing

tsbservice
05-13-2021, 04:37 PM
Try Initialize all.

femaster
05-14-2021, 05:20 AM
I didn't see it mentioned previously, but have you tried adjusting the height of the ADF? If the white platen sheet is too close to the glass, it will sometimes be detected as a piece of paper on the glass. I've run across this before, where the height screw must slowly turned over time and the ADF was eventually sitting too close to the scan glass. Raising the left side height a bit cleared up the issue.

lazymangr
05-17-2021, 01:02 PM
thank you all for the help and time.
ok after all the procedures above and contacting konica hit a wall, i stumbled upon service mode menu-> machine -> scan area and comparing to other machine was way off. so i entered the values from the other machine and now its fixed. how is possible that setting to change by itself?

srvctec
05-17-2021, 03:40 PM
thank you all for the help and time.
ok after all the procedures above and contacting konica hit a wall, i stumbled upon service mode menu-> machine -> scan area and comparing to other machine was way off. so i entered the values from the other machine and now its fixed. how is possible that setting to change by itself?

Shouldn't have changed unless a bunch of other stuff also changed, as in a surge or spike possibly causing an issue. I haven't ever seen only one setting so specific be altered by such a thing, though. Those settings should have all been done on setup or at least verified they were correct as part of the setup procedure. Is it possible someone who didn't have a clue what these settings were, changed them all willy-nilly and caused your issue?

tulintron
05-17-2021, 03:40 PM
I honestly prefer to believe in coincidences. Scan Area does not interfere with original size. It only changes the margins on a millimeter scale. In our laboratory we have several machines with different values.

However, if you managed to win like that, that's what matters.

lazymangr
05-17-2021, 03:51 PM
Looks like it was way off and was interfering with the ruler attached to the platen glass. Copied numbers from another machine and problem gone. Then I did a fine-tuning from there. Thank you all

Custom Search