PDA

View Full Version : slanted image on scanning

Custom Search

jwai
05-16-2021, 06:35 PM
Hello,

One customer found the image on PC have been slanted about 2 degrees.
I placed one sample on original glass and got scan, the issue occurred.
However the cartridge of 2nd and 3rd mirrors seems not have any screw for adjustment,
so how to fix this case?

tsbservice
05-16-2021, 07:15 PM
Hello,

One customer found the image on PC have been slanted about 2 degrees.
I placed one sample on original glass and got scan, the issue occurred.
However the cartridge of 2nd and 3rd mirrors seems not have any screw for adjustment,
so how to fix this case?
It might be useful if we know the model.

rrrohan
05-17-2021, 12:58 AM
I just loosen the screw that clamps scanner to movement wire and shift it 1mm, tighten it, push scanner back to far left, reinstall glass, close and open ADF twice to make sure everything is in its correct home position then do a test copy off glass. Repeat until straight

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

jwai
05-17-2021, 04:51 PM
It might be useful if we know the model.

bizhub C450i.

tsbservice
05-17-2021, 05:08 PM
bizhub C450i.
There is procedure in SM for skew adjustment when images are tilted when scanning or copying. I would try it.

Synthohol
05-17-2021, 06:38 PM
Maybe some putz leaned on the front left corner of the scanner and bent the frame.
Put orig on glass and lift up the front left corner with medium force and scan again. If it's straight someone bent the frame.
If still skew check ALL trays in case the paper is just loaded sloppy

Gift
05-18-2021, 12:46 PM
Maybe some putz leaned on the front left corner of the scanner and bent the frame.
Put orig on glass and lift up the front left corner with medium force and scan again. If it's straight someone bent the frame.
If still skew check ALL trays in case the paper is just loaded sloppy

+1 for the scanner bent theory - and don't check it with copy function, just scan a sample on a thumbdrive and check the result with your laptop.

jwai
05-18-2021, 05:00 PM
+1 for the scanner bent theory - and don't check it with copy function, just scan a sample on a thumbdrive and check the result with your laptop.

yes, i printed the bird test page it's fine.
next i took this page as original and got a scan to PC through original glass, the image had been slanted approx 2-3 degrees.

Synthohol
05-18-2021, 10:22 PM
did you lift up the front left corner with medium force and scan again or jumped right to the screwdriver?

Phil B.
05-18-2021, 10:25 PM
did you lift up the front left corner with medium force and scan again or jumped right to the screwdriver?

bet he didn't take the time to try lifting. bent frames are common.

jwai
06-03-2021, 10:55 AM
I lift the scanner several times and got the test, it seems reduced approx 1 degree.

mascan42
06-04-2021, 02:00 PM
I lift the scanner several times and got the test, it seems reduced approx 1 degree.

Usually with the bent frame, the lead edge will be skewed, but the top & bottom edges will be straight. Is that the case here?

allan
06-04-2021, 02:09 PM
Running the setup chart and doing the auto adjustments can help.

jwai
06-04-2021, 05:12 PM
Usually with the bent frame, the lead edge will be skewed, but the top & bottom edges will be straight. Is that the case here?

Got a copy/scan a rectangle figure on A4 paper through original glass, the image will rotate a bit.

blackcat4866
06-04-2021, 05:37 PM
We used to call that the Ricoh bear hug, since it was so prevalent on Ricohs of the mid 90's.
=^..^=

Custom Search