PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Bizhub 4752 C-6106

Custom Search

thelittleman3
05-16-2021, 09:50 PM
Strange but I have this code coming up when the glass is used to make copies with the feeder in upright position. It says its a CIS error but the CIS is in the feeder. Not sure why it would point to that if the feeder isn't being used any ideas. Service manual says to replace entire ADF, or MFPB. Guess I'll order them unless anyone has a better idea.

Phil B.
05-16-2021, 09:57 PM
Strange but I have this code coming up when the glass is used to make copies with the feeder in upright position. It says its a CIS error but the CIS is in the feeder. Not sure why it would point to that if the feeder isn't being used any ideas. Service manual says to replace entire ADF, or MFPB. Guess I'll order them unless anyone has a better idea.

have you double checked the connections to the CIS unit?

what happens if you CLOSE the lid when doing a copy.

thelittleman3
05-16-2021, 10:00 PM
Yes I have reseated the connectors on the board, the CIS and ADF. it is a flat cable.

Phil B.
05-16-2021, 10:05 PM
Yes I have reseated the connectors on the board, the CIS and ADF. it is a flat cable.

why do people only answer 1 of 2 questions posed to them?

what happens if you CLOSE the lid when doing a copy?.

we are trying to help you here.. but you really need to help us help you

are you sure the flat cable connectors aren't buggered up?

stepwik
11-15-2021, 10:28 PM

did this get resolved? I'm having this same code. Manual says "ADF back side CIS home sensor failure". But that can't be right. There are two CIS in this machine - backside CIS is in the feeder and it cannot move so I guarantee it does not have a home position sensor. Front side CIS also known as FB CIS in the manual (FB for flatbed) has a home position sensor... in my case I think someone has spilled something in the machine so clean/replace that sensor would make more sense than just replacing the assembly. I'll start with a clean.

Just wondering if i'm the only one who thinks they got "FB" and "backside" CIS bassackwards in the manual for this error?

thelittleman3
11-15-2021, 11:34 PM
did this get resolved? I'm having this same code. Manual says "ADF back side CIS home sensor failure". But that can't be right. There are two CIS in this machine - backside CIS is in the feeder and it cannot move so I guarantee it does not have a home position sensor. Front side CIS also known as FB CIS in the manual (FB for flatbed) has a home position sensor... in my case I think someone has spilled something in the machine so clean/replace that sensor would make more sense than just replacing the assembly. I'll start with a clean.

Just wondering if i'm the only one who thinks they got "FB" and "backside" CIS bassackwards in the manual for this error?
I replaced the entire ADF as it didn't let me order individual parts.

warrena
12-29-2021, 11:39 AM
Good day

Anybody managed to sort out the issue yet? I've replaced the ribbon cable running from the main board to the df board but not the 1 going from df board to CIS. I however did check the condition of the ribbon pins and it seems fine. I have the same issue on 2 machines currently.

@stepwik, I can guarantee that it does have a home position sensor. The CIS housing itself doesn't move but the Led assembly on the inside does move forward and backwards ;-)

stepwik
12-29-2021, 07:19 PM
Good day

Anybody managed to sort out the issue yet? I've replaced the ribbon cable running from the main board to the df board but not the 1 going from df board to CIS. I however did check the condition of the ribbon pins and it seems fine. I have the same issue on 2 machines currently.

@stepwik, I can guarantee that it does have a home position sensor. The CIS housing itself doesn't move but the Led assembly on the inside does move forward and backwards ;-)

My issue resolved when we scrubbed what I presume to be the remnants of a splash of coffee with cream and sugar on the white bar that I assume the devices uses to calibrate "white". Sorry don't know the names of stuff. I might think it is called a shading sheet? not sure.

@warrena are you referring to the CIS in the feeder or the one under the glass? By my estimation the one in the feeder reads the backside.

mojorolla
12-29-2021, 08:00 PM
Known issue on this model:

:)

tsbservice
12-29-2021, 08:04 PM
Known issue on this model:

:)
Which is part of basic troubleshooting on this error in SM :)

Custom Search