PDA

View Full Version : BH-C-280, copying by using the ADF comes in color but scans are mono. Huh?

Custom Search

Hansoon
05-17-2021, 05:48 PM
Is there any setting, perhaps not known by me, that causes scans made through the ADF are coming in mono but if the customer scans directly from the platen to the same target they are in color? Copies made by the ADF are also in color as expected.

So it seems that by using the ADF for scans it does not do "Autocolor" and scans are made B&W but putting the original directly on the platen it uses "Autocolor" and scans are in color.

Not sure if the customer played himself with the settings or if there is something else wrong - such as my old brain not understanding this old machine anymore :) ?

Hans

Synthohol
05-17-2021, 06:33 PM
Easiest way is checking the scan settings prior to pushing start.
It's a dinosaur but in user mode look at scan settings and look for default setting (factory default) if it set to current setting there is some modification locked in.

tsbservice
05-17-2021, 06:49 PM
Easiest way is checking the scan settings prior to pushing start.
It's a dinosaur but in user mode look at scan settings and look for default setting (factory default) if it set to current setting there is some modification locked in.

Agree perhaps they have setup two different shortcuts with predetermined settings one from ADF obviously bind to gray scale and another from platten set to full color.

Side note: as much as today machine is complex MFP with hundreds of functions and thousands settings it's nothing but black box who someone defaulted and programed.

REGSIS
05-19-2021, 06:53 AM
Is there any setting, perhaps not known by me, that causes scans made through the ADF are coming in mono but if the customer scans directly from the platen to the same target they are in color? Copies made by the ADF are also in color as expected.

So it seems that by using the ADF for scans it does not do "Autocolor" and scans are made B&W but putting the original directly on the platen it uses "Autocolor" and scans are in color.

Not sure if the customer played himself with the settings or if there is something else wrong - such as my old brain not understanding this old machine anymore :) ?

Hans

Don't scan to their programmed destination.
Instead use USB and choose desired settings.

There shouldn't be separate scan setting for ADF because you can merge originals from glass and ADF into one document with an option "separate scan".

blackcat4866
05-19-2021, 02:20 PM
Try this direction: Perhaps there's some color ink on the glass, auto detecting a color original?

Just yesterday I had a Kyocera auto detecting color on all scans through the DP. There was a nice wide smear of yellow highlighter ink on the slit glass. =^..^=

Custom Search