PDA

View Full Version : Konice C368 Transfer Belt Reset

Custom Search

Samanator
05-18-2021, 06:47 PM
On this model, does it require a fuse to reset or can one go into service mode and reset it?

Thanks for your help in advance.

tsbservice
05-18-2021, 07:07 PM
Nope. Just do reset in SM.

Samanator
05-18-2021, 08:02 PM
So I don't have to change the transfer belt? Just reset the counter?

srvctec
05-18-2021, 08:05 PM

Well, if print/copy quality isn't a priority, you can reset it without replacing it but if you do that, the machine will change parameters based on a NEW belt being installed when it isn't, thereby possibly causing copy/print quality issues.

Phil B.
05-18-2021, 08:11 PM
Well, if print/copy quality isn't a priority, you can reset it without replacing it but if you do that, the machine will change parameters based on a NEW belt being installed when it isn't, thereby possibly causing copy/print quality issues.

yup and it'll just piss the customer off when they have to call you out again for the same issue.

tsbservice
05-18-2021, 08:16 PM

Like srvctec said it's up to you. Basically you can leave it go past 0% with ease. No need to reset as it will alter high voltages unnecessary and depending on machine conditions worst case sucks costly color developer units.

Samanator
05-18-2021, 08:45 PM
Thanks guys. That's what I needed to know.

I want to get a new one, my boss just wants to run it. Now I know it will be cheaper to replace the old one.

I can now honesty say that resetting it will cost us three (or four) trips and pissing off the client. The last trip of that group will be replacing the transfer belt.

Whereas, order the part, go put it in and we don't see the client for a long while. This one trip will include inspecting and cleaning the machine and running the Imaging Process Adjustment after replacing and resetting the transfer belt. One hour or so well spent.

Thanks again for your input.

progoffice
05-18-2021, 09:14 PM
I'm surprised there was even a message displayed that it needed to be replaced. Most if not all of these we set up with the Life Stop set to off (Stop 0 Clear) in service mode. The part will tell you when it needs to be replaced.

tsbservice
05-18-2021, 09:31 PM
I'm surprised there was even a message displayed that it needed to be replaced. Most if not all of these we set up with the Life Stop set to off (Stop 0 Clear) in service mode. The part will tell you when it needs to be replaced.

Not to mistake Life Stop with Life Warning. If you turn them both OFF it will run silently till the end.

copier tech
05-19-2021, 06:46 AM
On this model, does it require a fuse to reset or can one go into service mode and reset it?

Thanks for your help in advance.

If you update the firmware & change 2x SW settings you can disable this notification without resetting the counter. This also applies to the drum/image units & fuser.

This will allow you to carrying on using the copier without any messages popping up.

Blizzoo
05-19-2021, 12:55 PM
Wouldn't the print quality adjust to the best possible based on the readings of the used belt, assuming is still in a good condition, after the life counter is cleared? Or it need another calibration after?

Synthohol
05-19-2021, 02:11 PM
it will be like a bandaid on a broken arm.
just replace the belt and be done with it.

Custom Search