PDA

View Full Version : Data Administrator question

Custom Search

rrrohan
05-20-2021, 09:29 AM
I have a customer with 120 users and each user has a address book entry

they have a very specific order they want the users arranged in the address book.

i thought i could edit the entry number in page scope but i couldnt so i exported to CSV, wiped address book and had hoped on re import it would allow me to edit the enry number but no.

is it not possible to import and decided the entry number, they were nice enough to provide me this.

i feel like at this point im just spending more time avoiding doing it manually than it would take to just sit down and do it but thought id ask first.

emujo2
05-20-2021, 02:26 PM
Do all 120 machines need the AB configured the same way? PSDA allows you to import a csv file (arranged in the order you want) then import that into the MFP(s). There is also the possibility of cloning the AB but 120 machines would take a while. Page Scope Enterprise suite (RDT) might work in this case as well. We use this when we need to do something like update F/w across 100s of machines. E

tsbservice
05-20-2021, 02:41 PM
I have a customer with 120 users and each user has a address book entry

they have a very specific order they want the users arranged in the address book.

i thought i could edit the entry number in page scope but i couldnt so i exported to CSV, wiped address book and had hoped on re import it would allow me to edit the enry number but no.

is it not possible to import and decided the entry number, they were nice enough to provide me this.

i feel like at this point im just spending more time avoiding doing it manually than it would take to just sit down and do it but thought id ask first.

Do all 120 machines need the AB configured the same way? PSDA allows you to import a csv file (arranged in the order you want) then import that into the MFP(s). There is also the possibility of cloning the AB but 120 machines would take a while. Page Scope Enterprise suite (RDT) might work in this case as well. We use this when we need to do something like update F/w across 100s of machines. E

Ed, reading required :p

emujo2
05-20-2021, 03:43 PM
Yeah, time for new glasses, but PDSA can take a pre arranged CSV and import it to the AB..I have never tried to manipulate the MFP exported file as I like PSDA so much. As long as each user doesn't want their own version of the AB..E

rrrohan
05-20-2021, 06:06 PM
Oh true I was trying to use data admin to order it never thought of just editing the CSV.

Pity account track doesn't support "scan to me"

Tried to get them to use user authentication instead but without any AU device apparently typing both a user name and password instead of PIN only was to hard

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

emujo2
05-20-2021, 08:13 PM
User authentication does support this..You just have to fill out the email portion when registering users and change the from address to "use logged in user email" versus admin email. once you log in you get a scan to me one touch. A card reader would make it faster. Ed

rrrohan
05-24-2021, 06:29 AM
User authentication does support this..You just have to fill out the email portion when registering users and change the from address to "use logged in user email" versus admin email. once you log in you get a scan to me one touch. A card reader would make it faster. Ed

yeah sadly they thought typing a username and password instead of just a PIN with account track was to much work or i would of gone down that route. sales people dont ask the right questions and optioning on a AU device after the sale is to hard apparently.

Custom Search