PDA

View Full Version : Can't update firmware BH C458

Custom Search

danifuenca
05-21-2021, 12:30 PM
Greetings. We have several machines that do not allow us to update the firmware by USB. We have tested several pendrives (FAT32 formatted and FW0005 in the root) and of 10 machines we have only been able to update 2.

We start the machine by pressing the STOP key and the dot appears in the upper left corner but continues with the normal start.

We have also tested different firmware versions (G00-X4 / GC2-X4 / G00-W5).

Today I have tried to update using ISW with an FTP server and in this way if I get it but it does not include the Spanish language (mkMSG7.bat and mkMSG5.bat selected).

These BHC458s are one of the first machines to hit the market.

Does anyone have any idea what's wrong with him?

Google translate. Sorry

tsbservice
05-21-2021, 01:21 PM
Check placement of "Front USB" cable.
Insert USB drive in front port then power ON the machine holding down the Stop button. (Leave the front door open.)
Wait several minutes.

Compruebe la ubicación del cable "USB frontal".
Inserte la unidad USB en el puerto frontal y luego encienda la máquina manteniendo presionado el botón Detener. (Deje la puerta principal abierta).
Espera varios minutos.

copyman
05-21-2021, 01:28 PM
You need to leave front door open when updating F/W. Of course this isn't mentioned in the service manual !!!

danifuenca
05-21-2021, 02:08 PM
I leave the front door open but nothing happens :(. Test the front usb cable too

Dejo la puerta frontal abierta pero no pasa nada

emujo2
05-21-2021, 02:29 PM
Can you verify that the USB port functions as normal when you insert a drive into it during normal operations? You do see a pop up asking if you want to print or scan using usb? E

danifuenca
05-21-2021, 02:44 PM
Can you verify that the USB port functions as normal when you insert a drive into it during normal operations? You do see a pop up asking if you want to print or scan using usb? E

Yes. I can print/scan documents from/to USB

emujo2
05-21-2021, 02:57 PM
Ok, did these machines come to you new, or were they bought from a wholesaler?

danifuenca
05-21-2021, 03:09 PM
Ok, did these machines come to you new, or were they bought from a wholesaler?

The machines were bought new, not second-hand, but they have already been installed in customers for more than two years.
The company I work for is in the Canary Islands and the machines are in different islands and the consumables are sent by mail. We recently had to visit several of these machines and we realized the failure when trying to update them.
I have one of these machines now in the workshop to find out the problem:confused:

rrrohan
05-21-2021, 03:13 PM
Unplug HDD and try again

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

emujo2
05-21-2021, 04:40 PM
With the symptoms you are mentioning, the machine is just not recognizing the drive. Are there any differences in F/W between the 2 machines that work and those that don't..Mt advice is to download the HP USB format program and run it on your drive to be 1005 sure it's clean, then try again..Doing a windows format does not always remove everything from the drive..If your drive worked, but the f/w folder was wrong you would get an incorrect f/w message. Can you put the C458 movie file on the drive and try to reload that? It's not quite the same thing, but might help you prove a USB drive issue.

tech51
05-21-2021, 07:58 PM
Check the usb settings as below. It may not be allowing firmware by usb.

USB Connection Permission setting

To display: [Utility][Administrator Settings][Security Settings][USB Connection Permission setting]

Specify whether to permit a function that requires the USB Port.

Settings
Description

[USB Connection Permission setting]
Select whether to collectively restrict functions using the USB Port or configure a setting for each function.
If [Detail Setting] is selected, specify whether to permit the use for each function. For details on settings, refer to the settings of [Detail Setting] shown below.
[Detail Setting] is specified by default.

Settings of [Detail Setting]

Settings
Description

[Authentication Device]
Select whether to permit a connection with the authentication unit.
[Allow] is specified by default.

[External Keyboard]
Select whether to permit a connection with an external keyboard.
[Allow] is specified by default.

[External Memory (User)]
Specify whether to allow the use of USB memory for functions to be used by the user.
Select whether to collectively restrict the following functions or configure a setting for each function. [Individual Settings] is specified by default.

https://kmbsmanuals.konicaminolta.us/bizhub558Section508/contents/shared/img/normal_list1.gif[Save Document]: Select whether to enable to save files on USB memory. [Restrict] is specified by default.
https://kmbsmanuals.konicaminolta.us/bizhub558Section508/contents/shared/img/normal_list1.gif[Print Document]: Select whether to enable to print files from USB memory. [Allow] is specified by default.
https://kmbsmanuals.konicaminolta.us/bizhub558Section508/contents/shared/img/normal_list1.gif[External Memory Document Scan]: Select whether to enable to save files scanned from USB memory into a User Box. [Restrict] is specified by default.

[External Memory (Administrator)]
Specify whether to allow the use of USB memory for functions to be used by the administrator.
Select whether to collectively restrict the following functions or configure a setting for each function. [Individual Settings] is specified by default.

https://kmbsmanuals.konicaminolta.us/bizhub558Section508/contents/shared/img/normal_list1.gif[Write the Config. from USB]: Select whether to permit a change on the settings of this machine by loading the configuration file saved in USB memory. [Allow] is specified by default.

[External Memory (Service)]
Used to specify whether to allow use of a USB memory by the service representative.

https://kmbsmanuals.konicaminolta.us/bizhub558Section508/contents/shared/img/normal_list1.gif[Storage data backup]: Select whether to permit the backup or restoration of the storage on this machine. [Restrict] is specified by default.
https://kmbsmanuals.konicaminolta.us/bizhub558Section508/contents/shared/img/normal_list1.gif[FW Update]: Select whether to allow firmware updating using USB memory. This option is available when [Administrator Settings] - [Security Settings] - [FW Update (USB) Perm. Sett.] is set to [USB Conn. Permission Setting Preference]. [Allow] is specified by default.

[PC Connection]
Specify whether to enable to print files from a USB-connected computer.

https://kmbsmanuals.konicaminolta.us/bizhub558Section508/contents/shared/img/normal_list1.gif[Print PC]: Select whether to enable to print files from a USB-connected computer. [Allow] is specified by default.

tsbservice
05-21-2021, 09:59 PM
May be this as well but it will trigger a message about admin restrictions.

emujo2
05-21-2021, 10:15 PM
I think this has already been posted but...

tmmdmmm
05-21-2021, 10:50 PM

This is likely it, it’s more so an issue with i series machines but talking with Konica support it often comes up with 8s as well.

zoool
05-22-2021, 06:38 PM
update SATA Controller TNEU1600101EN_3.5.pdf

i have same issue in c308 and this helps me a lot

tsbservice
05-22-2021, 06:51 PM

Sounds like we may have a winner.

danifuenca
05-24-2021, 09:15 AM
Tech51
USB Connection Permission setting

To display: [Utility][Administrator Settings][Security Settings][USB Connection Permission setting]

Allow setting selected :(

emujo2
Format USB.pdf (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachments/konica-minolta/49210d1621631671-cant-update-firmware-bh-c458-format-usb-pdf)

5 USB drive tested. 2 new :(
I Installed HPUSBDISK.EXE and using to format de USB but nothing happens

zoool

TNEU1600101EN_3.5.pdf (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachments/konica-minolta/49217d1621705079-cant-update-firmware-bh-c458-tneu1600101en_3-5-pdf)TNEU1600101EN_3.5.pdf (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachments/konica-minolta/49217d1621705079-cant-update-firmware-bh-c458-tneu1600101en_3-5-pdf)

G00-04 SATA Controlller firmware version installed :(

Thanks to all for the help but nothing change

Synthohol
05-24-2021, 01:10 PM
what size are the drives?
usually 8G is the max size. a 4 or 2g works best.

zoool
05-24-2021, 02:19 PM
make DATA CLEAR i service mode.
put pendrive with firmware to board socket usb 3.0 . dont use front usb.
write recovery sata controller to machine. not always is working i dont know how..
when you will make it write firmware.
every c308 i have put on legs after this.
1 time i have trouble and machine dost see my pendrive and after few tries and changed with firmware its work..
good luck.

emujo2
05-24-2021, 02:25 PM
BTW, what size jump drives are you using?

zoool
05-24-2021, 04:37 PM
1-4gb usb 2.0

Albonline
05-24-2021, 07:25 PM
backup the copier settings, go to service, initialization, initialize all. if this fails to complete unhook, not just unset, hdd and try again. if it initializes with hdd off there is a problem in the storage system. if unit has latest sata firmware the hdd is going to fail soon. After successful initialization firmware should take , if you still cant make it happen do the board reset routine ,set machine type correctly and flash it. good luck and have fun.

danifuenca
05-27-2021, 02:51 PM
Synthohol

what size are the drives?

2,4,8 and 16GB :(

zoool

make DATA CLEAR i service mode.
put pendrive with firmware to board socket usb 3.0 . dont use front usb.
write recovery sata controller to machine. not always is working i dont know how..
when you will make it write firmware.
every c308 i have put on legs after this.
1 time i have trouble and machine dost see my pendrive and after few tries and changed with firmware its work..
good luck.

Data clear done and put pendrive in rear socket but nothing change :(

Albonline

backup the copier settings, go to service, initialization, initialize all. if this fails to complete unhook, not just unset, hdd and try again. if it initializes with hdd off there is a problem in the storage system. if unit has latest sata firmware the hdd is going to fail soon. After successful initialization firmware should take , if you still cant make it happen do the board reset routine ,set machine type correctly and flash it. good luck and have fun.

I'll test this tomorrow.

Right now, the firmware version in the machine is GC2-X4 because using ISW with FTP server work it but not spanish language loaded (mkMSG7.bat language file executed before load de firmware)

danifuenca
06-03-2021, 02:32 PM
anybody have the Reset Tool and procedure for BH C458? I can't find it in Knova, only can see for C368 serie and the procedure for it but only for C368 series.

Thanks

tsbservice
06-03-2021, 04:32 PM
anybody have the Reset Tool and procedure for BH C458? I can't find it in Knova, only can see for C368 serie and the procedure for it but only for C368 series.

Thanks
I'm not tried it yet but should be the same.

Konicatech
06-07-2021, 09:46 AM
I recently was at a different machine (C308) and it would not accept the firmware either, I had 5 different usb sticks and none worked!

In the end I downloaded a formatting tool called Rufus Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way (https://rufus.ie/en/) and formatted the drives and then it worked!

xerotec
06-17-2021, 09:51 AM
I use this USB Flash Drive and allways succes.

Synthohol
06-17-2021, 12:41 PM
Data clear done and put pendrive in rear socket but nothing change :(

on the 8 series FW is done with the front USB holding down the stop button on power-up.

feracampos
06-29-2022, 02:42 AM
on the 8 series FW is done with the front USB holding down the stop button on power-up.

...and with the door open. :D

Oystercopy
07-04-2022, 07:24 AM
I posted this several weeks ago, but I was able to leave my machine powered on for several weeks, while I was out of town for vacation, and right before I delivered the machine, it finally took the firmware. Tried everything suggested in this rherad, as I had done many times before, with no success.
OC

Custom Search