PDA

View Full Version : Finisher disappeared

Custom Search

jwai
05-24-2021, 09:28 AM
Hello,

I have one 654e that FS-534 finisher had been installed.
The customer reported paper jam, I found the stapling option has been disappeared in finishing mode.
Now I disassembly the FS and RU for temporarily use, this issue caused by the finisher board or the harness to the copier?

Best regards,

tmmdmmm
05-24-2021, 03:38 PM
Hello,

The customer reported paper jam, I found the stapling option has been disappeared in finishing mode.
Now I disassembly the FS and RU for temporarily use, this issue caused by the finisher board or the harness to the copier?

Best regards,

When you open the front door it should show the entire machine and any accessories installed. If it only shows the 654 and not the relay or finisher, either the wiring is bad or (more likely) the finisher control board is bad.

Thats assuming the jam is happening at the first tires of the RU

emujo2
05-24-2021, 07:17 PM
here's what is probably happening. The stapler had an issue that the machine based as a problem, but not catastrophic. The user was asked if they wanted to continue using the machine w/o the staple option, if so push the power save button (or something like that). The machine now reboots with stapler disabled. If this is the cause, then every time you cycle power it should go through the same sequence of events again. The power off/on tells the machine you fixed the issue, bring the stapler back, if you didn't fix it you get the previous message and the cycle repeats. If this is not the case then you should be getting a staple error/service code (unless someone disabled the stapler is service mode. There are no KM finishers that do not have stapling capability. Not speaking of the A4 line. E

Gab
05-25-2021, 06:58 PM
Hello,

Best regards,
no connection finisher with machine. Perhaps a wire from connector is moved

albemero
05-26-2021, 07:04 AM
We had the same problem. It was the finischer-board.

tmmdmmm
06-03-2021, 04:04 AM
When you open the front door it should show the entire machine and any accessories installed. If it only shows the 654 and not the relay or finisher, either the wiring is bad or (more likely) the finisher control board is bad.

Got an update? Just looking for future reference if there's anything but the FS board I and others mentioned

jwai
06-03-2021, 10:50 AM
We had the same problem. It was the finischer-board.

I ordered one FS board and waiting for delivery.

jwai
06-03-2021, 10:52 AM

The machine figure doesn't have finisher showed, I guess the FS board may be defective.

blackcat4866
06-03-2021, 06:15 PM
If the cable from the bridge to the finisher is unplugged, then replugged in live it will blow the bridge board or the finisher board. I had a customer that moved around a bunch of machines, but could not seem to find the power switches. =^..^=

Synthohol
06-04-2021, 02:13 AM
If the cable from the bridge to the finisher is unplugged, then replugged in live it will blow the bridge board or the finisher board. I had a customer that moved around a bunch of machines, but could not seem to find the power switches. =^..^=

^^^^^^^^^^+1^^^^^^^^

rrrohan
06-04-2021, 05:26 AM
ive had C754 totally forget it even had a finisher after waking up from power save.

if you reboot with full power off then on it works again

femaster
06-08-2021, 12:56 AM
Got an update? Just looking for future reference if there's anything but the FS board I and others mentioned

I'm not the OP, but the 4 times we've had this happen on this model finisher, every time was a bad board in the finisher. Nothing looked fried, and the fuse was still intact on all of them, so no idea what it was that failed on any of them.

Custom Search