PDA

View Full Version : Key counter if option

Custom Search

patrickjlc
05-24-2021, 07:23 PM
I installed a bizhub 364e with coin op, i go into tech mode, stop 9, management function choice, then I touch key counter if vendor for a coin op or key counter for the remote counter. Then END, and Exit.

But the machine still says ready all the time, instead of add funds or insert key counter.

Do some machines don't have the ability to turn on? This has the latest firmware and only 70k prints....

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

emujo2
05-24-2021, 07:41 PM
Anytime an external counter is connected, you need a cable that goes from the machine to the counter. In many cases you need to remove a jumper, or cut a loop wire to break the connection. Inserting funds or typing a code restores the connection and copies/scan are available again..On the 364e this connector was routed under the right hand panel of the scanner unit, no loop is used, but the manual does say Management Function Choice - Key Counter IF Vendor not used.

patrickjlc
05-24-2021, 08:06 PM
Anytime an external counter is connected, you need a cable that goes from the machine to the counter. In many cases you need to remove a jumper, or cut a loop wire to break the connection. Inserting funds or typing a code restores the connection and copies/scan are available again..On the 364e this connector was routed under the right hand panel of the scanner unit, no loop is used, but the manual does say Management Function Choice - Key Counter IF Vendor not used.That is what i did, with the cable to the coin op, but even with the cable plugged in, it would say ready to copy. Tried it on a 454e and the screen when powering it on says Insert Funds, or Insert counter, or key card depending what option i choose.

oldschool
05-24-2021, 08:29 PM
Actually when using a coin op, Key Counter I/F Vendor is used. Konica Minolta engineering clued me in on this. If just key counter is used with a coin box the copier will jam when funds run out. Using Key Counter I/F vendor allows the page to exit before the machine stops.

Disconnect the coin box and test. With out the coin box or key counter connected, the copier should not be ready to use (insert funds). A contact closure provided by the coin box is required to bring the copier ready. If the copier is always ready there may be a jumper wire somewhere (usually on the back of the key counter connector). It is always possible there is a copier board issue.

Just to note: There are coin boxes out there that use Konica Minolta's Vendor II protocol. Rather than a contact closure to bring the copier ready it uses serial communication with the copier. These also connect in an entirely different spot than the key counter and it is not a 4 pin connector.

patrickjlc
05-24-2021, 09:06 PM
Actually when using a coin op, Key Counter I/F Vendor is used. Konica Minolta engineering clued me in on this. If just key counter is used with a coin box the copier will jam when funds run out. Using Key Counter I/F vendor allows the page to exit before the machine stops.

Disconnect the coin box and test. With out the coin box or key counter connected, the copier should not be ready to use (insert funds). A contact closure provided by the coin box is required to bring the copier ready. If the copier is always ready there may be a jumper wire somewhere (usually on the back of the key counter connector). It is always possible there is a copier board issue.

That os what happens, even using key counter if vender the touch screen just shows ready to copy. Will check the wing inside the machine, for a jumper or loop. Thanks

Custom Search