PDA

View Full Version : Konica c224e printing print jobs and fax jobs at the same time

Custom Search

blazebusiness
05-25-2021, 04:59 PM
Have not been able to recreate this but customer swears incoming faxes print out right in the middle of a current print job. So, if a print job is printing pages and a fax is received, the fax will somehow print out and then the print job continues and finishes. Any ideas appreciated.

Phil B.
05-25-2021, 05:05 PM
Have not been able to recreate this but customer swears incoming faxes print out right in the middle of a current print job. So, if a print job is printing pages and a fax is received, the fax will somehow print out and then the print job continues and finishes. Any ideas appreciated.

never saw that.. are print priorities set?

tsbservice
05-25-2021, 07:26 PM
Blaze check this:
Utility]
[Administrator Settings]
[System Settings]
[Job Priority Operation Settings]
[Fax RX Job Priority]

Select whether to give priority to the printing of a fax if it is received during copying or printing.
[No] is specified by default.

Good luck brother.

blackcat4866
05-25-2021, 07:30 PM
I've heard similar claims, and never have I been able to confirm such stories.

The theory I offer is that perhaps somebody looked through the documents on the finisher tray, and was careless of the page order, then put them back.
=^..^=

copytech,mike
05-25-2021, 09:55 PM
Have not been able to recreate this but customer swears incoming faxes print out right in the middle of a current print job. So, if a print job is printing pages and a fax is received, the fax will somehow print out and then the print job continues and finishes. Any ideas appreciated. I wouldnt even worry about. Its not gonna print a fax while in the middle of a print job i dont think. Tell customer youll come back another day if it keeps doing it.

40yearsplus
05-26-2021, 02:17 AM
Check your memory card for receiving with fax off line, which means while you are copying. make sure its large enough to hold a lot of faxes.

I've never seen one do this either. But with little or no fax memory, odd things could happen.

We had one shipped to us where it had no memory for holding faxes and had to get one quick.

To make the customer happy have your office send you 2 fax pages while you are in a 100 copy or so run, and show her it waited til copying was done if no issues.

Make sure your sent faxes go to memory first before waiting to be sent, load a large stack and be sure no memory errors. If so increase Fax memory.

With all above you should have customer be happy by seeing what you tried and if it worked.

Phil B.
05-26-2021, 02:20 AM
To make the customer happy have your office send you 2 fax pages while you are in a 100 copy or so run, and show her it waited til copying was done if no issues.

that would be better than waiting a day to see if it happens again.

simple and you can have the customer stand there and watch with you.

copier tech
05-26-2021, 06:35 AM
I've heard similar claims, and never have I been able to confirm such stories.

The theory I offer is that perhaps somebody looked through the documents on the finisher tray, and was careless of the page order, then put them back.
=^..^=

The machine wont print a fax when already processing & printing a print job. It will however print the fax in between 2 print jobs.

My money wold be on this theory a users tucked the fax back in the pile.

blazebusiness
05-26-2021, 03:13 PM
The machine wont print a fax when already processing & printing a print job. It will however print the fax in between 2 print jobs.

My money wold be on this theory a users tucked the fax back in the pile.

Thanks for all the replies. In my mind a copier must print 1 processed job before it proceeds to process the next job. I can't see how it is even possible to print a fax in the middle of a processed print job either but they swear it is happening and frequently. Guess I'll check that Fax RX Job Priority setting TSBservice mentioned but even that seems like a longshot. Thanks again for the responses.

emujo2
05-26-2021, 07:45 PM
I think this is possible if the print job is hanging up. I have seen where the user prints from the web (edge) and each page takes 5 min to print..Copies/faxs may run whiile the machine thinks it's processing the next job. E

blazebusiness
05-26-2021, 07:57 PM
I think this is possible if the print job is hanging up. I have seen where the user prints from the web (edge) and each page takes 5 min to print..Copies/faxs may run whiile the machine thinks it's processing the next job. E

Interesting, so when it is spooling the print data and it lags or has an interruption in file transmission something else like a fax job can sneak in?

mojorolla
05-26-2021, 08:05 PM
If possible , as mentioned above, set a specific tray to pull faxes from. Also change that tray to landscape orientation, fax pages will stick out like a sore thumb. If they have multiple exits, you could set the exit tray for fax as well.

:)

darry1322
05-26-2021, 08:45 PM
Choosing "collate" or "sort" in some applications (rather than setting sort in the driver settings) causes the software to send multiple jobs instead of sending once to reprint multiple times.

Example:

I want 20 sets: I set sort in the driver and the software sends one time and the machine prints 20 sets as one job without interruption.

If I want 20 sets and choose "collate" from the software print settings it can send the same job 20 times to get 20 sets. (software isn't aware of the sort function of the printer).

If 20 jobs are sent then a fax could complete in the middle of those 20 jobs and be printed between sets.

emujo2
05-26-2021, 09:46 PM
Interesting, so when it is spooling the print data and it lags or has an interruption in file transmission something else like a fax job can sneak in?

I'm only offering this as a suggestion..If you are seeing large delays with print jobs then maybe

Custom Search