PDA

View Full Version : c550 Won't Fold

Custom Search

critzy
11-25-2008, 08:30 PM
I am doing a mail merge of letters, and the only time I can get the copier to fold the letters I'm printing out is if I print them one at a time. This can't be the only way. How can I get it to fold them?

Help!

Mr Spock
11-25-2008, 11:40 PM
This is a mail merge issue and there was a fix on Microsofts website regarding it. I have not seen this but have had other techs run into it.

TheOwl
11-26-2008, 01:33 AM
Have a look at the PDF attached to this reply. It has the instructions that you need to create a macro that will separate the mail merge correctly.

What happens with the mail merge, is that it is created as one job, this macro creates separate jobs for each merge.

dan231
04-24-2009, 07:56 PM
Can you repost this pdf. I could use those instructions and when I download your pdf it says it's corrupted.

Thanks,
Dan

[edit]

I got the pdf but my problem is that the printer won't keep the settings. :confused:

Specilist KVN
04-27-2009, 04:56 PM
This is a visula basic thing and NOT part of the actual printer.
The issue is with Microsoft and not the KM.
We use thsi script all the time and it is just sending "extra" commands to the device and not altering it in any way. This is why the settings do not stay with the KM.

Can you repost this pdf. I could use those instructions and when I download your pdf it says it's corrupted.

Thanks,
Dan

[edit]

I got the pdf but my problem is that the printer won't keep the settings. :confused:

dan231
04-27-2009, 04:59 PM
I do understand that, but the pdf states to set the printer settings, then run the macro. When I set the printer settings (fold, duplex, etc.) it doesn't save them and the macro winds up printing 1 sided page no folding.

I wonder if I can modify the macro to set the printer fold, etc..

Specilist KVN
04-27-2009, 05:05 PM
I do understand that, but the pdf states to set the printer settings, then run the macro. When I set the printer settings (fold, duplex, etc.) it doesn't save them and the macro winds up printing 1 sided page no folding.

I wonder if I can modify the macro to set the printer fold, etc..

No. The macro will use the default settings only.
We instruct people to add the printer a secound time and set the defaults to the required output settings.
The macro is not modifying the printer settings, just sending a little "stop" type command.
It is easier just to do the above suggestion. Add a printer for mail merges with the default settings you need.

Custom Search