PDA

View Full Version : Konica Plotters?

Custom Search

blazebusiness
06-01-2021, 01:43 AM
We have a new need to begin providing plotters/wide format printers to our Konica customers and need some sound advice. Never had to expand in this direction before. We place mostly Konica copiers with our customers. What are your recommendations if any for an easy to maintain wide format option which we could provide.

Synthohol
06-01-2021, 03:57 AM
KM offers KIP as their plotter solution.

rrrohan
06-01-2021, 05:31 AM
You want inkjet laser. Colour or mono?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

blazebusiness
06-01-2021, 04:06 PM
You want inkjet laser. Colour or mono?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Either, easy to maintain & reliability are what matters. Something to try for a business like us that has never sold plotters before. Don't really want to branch out into plotter sales & service but my customers are expressing a need for us to provide that option.

blazebusiness
06-01-2021, 04:08 PM
KM offers KIP as their plotter solution.
What do you like about the KIP equipment? We can pickup the Kip 7100 and 7170's pretty cheaply. Also the RICOH RICOH CW 2200 SP and MP CW2201SP's are available.

emujo2
06-01-2021, 08:37 PM
KM offers the AccurioWide 160/200, They run very well until they are not used for a while and the customer does not care to do the maintenance..Then you can expect to throw many thousands of $$$$ down the drain on print heads, and other various (none of them cheap) items. The Muratec PLS seems to be OK ( with the exception of some design flaw they are trying to resolve here). The HP and KIP products seem to give us the least amount of grief. EFI falls into the same category as accuriowide needing expensive repairs if not used and ink dries. E

blackcat4866
06-01-2021, 09:07 PM
I personally would lean toward ink based plotters: Canon or HP. Like all ink based devices, you need to run a minimum volume, I usually quote one Arch D full color print per week minimum, otherwise you'll have ink hardening in the printhead(s).

In my experience the Kips seem to require a lot of TLC, and expensive parts.

blazebusiness
06-02-2021, 04:42 PM
I personally would lean toward ink based plotters: Canon or HP. Like all ink based devices, you need to run a minimum volume, I usually quote one Arch D full color print per week minimum, otherwise you'll have ink hardening in the printhead(s).

In my experience the Kips seem to require a lot of TLC, and expensive parts.

Do you have any favorite Canon or HP models you prefer to place?

SalesServiceGuy
06-02-2021, 04:54 PM
Do you have any favorite Canon or HP models you prefer to place?

You likely cannot resell KIP, Canon, Ricoh or HP product without first becoming an authorised dealer, take a technical training course and order in a demo unit.

There might also be purchase objectives that you dealership has to meet to retain that dealership.

The entire print industry is dealing with supply chain challenges right now, so even if you were able to order a wide format printer, you may not get it for weeks or months.

Woxner
06-02-2021, 09:43 PM
Km does not sell kip anymore. We use HP. Most kips are pretty good if in right place. I had some in or close to welding shops. They turned out to be a pain in the ass. Coronas were always a problem in these areas.

blazebusiness
06-02-2021, 10:04 PM
You likely cannot resell KIP, Canon, Ricoh or HP product without first becoming an authorised dealer, take a technical training course and order in a demo unit.

There might also be purchase objectives that you dealership has to meet to retain that dealership.

The entire print industry is dealing with supply chain challenges right now, so even if you were able to order a wide format printer, you may not get it for weeks or months.

That supply chain issue doesn't sound correct, but I just called our HP and Canon rep to see what plotters are available and how quickly we can get them just in case you are right. Waiting for a call back from him to see if there is a national supply chain issue for those plotters or not.

blazebusiness
06-02-2021, 10:30 PM
That supply chain issue doesn't sound correct, but I just called our HP and Canon rep to see what plotters are available and how quickly we can get them just in case you are right. Waiting for a call back from him to see if there is a national supply chain issue for those plotters or not.

Our Rep called back quickly, no supply chain shortage and huge instant rebates right now on much of the HP line. He said 42" or 44" HP plotter orders are usually fulfilled in 2 days. Canon takes 2 weeks or less. We also have access to Epson plotters.

3ktlc
06-03-2021, 02:18 PM
WE have had good luck with Epson Plotters.

Phil B.
06-03-2021, 05:14 PM
Our Rep called back quickly, no supply chain shortage and huge instant rebates right now on much of the HP line. He said 42" or 44" HP plotter orders are usually fulfilled in 2 days. Canon takes 2 weeks or less. We also have access to Epson plotters.I'd go with the Epson plotters.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

wjurls
06-15-2021, 10:18 PM
I've got a number of HP Designjet Customers out there and have found units like the T-730's pretty easy to work on. Parts and service manuals are also readily available. Like all inkjet, they need to run an occasional job lest the ink system dries up and costs a fortune to repair. I have one customer with a KIP 3100 and I find parts acquisition frustrating and expensive AF. Discount Copier can get KIP parts if you call them.

Lee

Custom Search