PDA

View Full Version : Ricoh mpc 2003 drum issue

Custom Search

Sri
06-03-2021, 06:23 AM
Hi all. I have a Ricoh mpc 2003 copier. It showed several magenta spots on color copy.
Then I replaced drum, blade and filtered developer, but after few days spots came back. Then I replaced a new drum unit from another machine. unfortunately after few days same issue is occurred. Anyone knows what are the possibilities regarding this matter?

Sri
06-04-2021, 10:45 AM
bump

mga
06-04-2021, 06:13 PM
Hi all. I have a Ricoh mpc 2003 copier. It showed several magenta spots on color copy.
Then I replaced drum, blade and filtered developer, but after few days spots came back. Then I replaced a new drum unit from another machine. unfortunately after few days same issue is occurred. Anyone knows what are the possibilities regarding this matter?

Replace with new unit put the problem is most probably coming from the charge roller

40yearsplus
06-04-2021, 06:22 PM
Those pictures are pretty poor to judge.

Make some test prints and post.

Could they be smudges of toner dropping from the developer unit. Check the PM cycle for Developers and Developer Life.

Also maybe the ITB belt cleaning unit smudging make sure waste isn't backed up?

With better picture you may get more ideas. Let us know what you found.

Phil B.
06-04-2021, 06:35 PM
bump

your first post was 1 day ago.. your bump came 7 hours later

forum rule Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts. Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.

there are no techs to answer posts on here 24/7 most of us have a full time job and get on here when we can.

slimslob
06-04-2021, 07:52 PM
your first post was 1 day ago.. your bump came 7 hours later

forum rule Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts. Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.

there are no techs to answer posts on here 24/7 most of us have a full time job and get on here when we can.

Not to mention that had he posted in the Ricoh, Savin, Gestetner, Lanier forum instead of in Copier Technical Discussion, every Ricoh tech here plus the independent tech that work on Ricoh would have seen it, not just those of us senior techs that know about the top tier forums.

Gift
07-01-2021, 08:11 AM
LOL it's high season again :rolleyes:

Can't get anything from that picture but he seems to try refurbing the units with non-oem PM stuff and that machine
does probably also run-with non-oem toner. Not hard to tell what's the problem here^^

Custom Search