PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous KM bizhub C250i - C360i printing heavy papers in the graphic market

Custom Search

MADSYS
06-18-2021, 10:55 PM
Hi all,

I would greatly appreciate to know your market feedback experience with the C250i - C360i series regarding acceptance for print quality using papers from 200gr/m2 up to 300gr/m2. Particularly in those customers in the graphic segment (flyers, line art, photos) that perhaps are trying to upgrade from previous KM models like C284e / C308.

Many thanks for your time.

tsbservice
06-19-2021, 12:18 AM
Probably Not a good move.

tech51
06-19-2021, 05:58 PM
The colour reproduction on this is quite different to the 8 series.

There are soft switches that can be set to alter this but it is still not the same.

I wouldn’t go with one of these in any situation where the customer is fussy about colour reproduction.

These are after all office colour machines, not print production

tsbservice
06-19-2021, 07:19 PM
The problem is Konica Minolta was making overall great color machines last 3-4 generations prior i-series.
Some customers are making advantages on this using them as kinda semi pro machines. With today's technology machines can be even better if manufacturers want which I believe they really DON'T(read as economies and making more $$$).

Synthohol
06-19-2021, 07:41 PM
i would 100% suggest a Fiery controller if they plan on using it for production. for jobflow and color management.

copier tech
06-20-2021, 09:18 AM
Hi all,

I would greatly appreciate to know your market feedback experience with the C250i - C360i series regarding acceptance for print quality using papers from 200gr/m2 up to 300gr/m2. Particularly in those customers in the graphic segment (flyers, line art, photos) that perhaps are trying to upgrade from previous KM models like C284e / C308.

Many thanks for your time.

I have not noticed any significant colour quality difference in the i series to previous models.

The engine design is still pretty much the same, drum, dev transfer fuser etc.

But if you have access to one put them side by side & compare print samples from each.

emujo2
06-21-2021, 04:29 PM
Office machines are still business color, adding the Fiery does not extend the color gamut they are able to reproduce. The machine can work with these media types, but it is 1st a plain paper copier. Anything out side that and you will not be happy. E

mojorolla
06-21-2021, 06:21 PM
This pdf explains the "improvements" from the 4e series to the i Series as it pertains to printing
Agree that a Fiery is a must but these boxes are still a bit squirrely in my opinion so I could not recommend these units for a production environment.

:)

tsbservice
06-21-2021, 06:44 PM
This pdf explains the "improvements" from the 4e series to the i Series as it pertains to printing
Agree that a Fiery is a must but these boxes are still a bit squirrely in my opinion so I could not recommend these units for a production environment.

:)

When first red this document year ago I laughed a lot. What a piece of mastershit :cool:
Trending towards gender society I call that!

tech51
06-23-2021, 10:18 PM
When first red this document year ago I laughed a lot. What a piece of mastershit :cool:
Trending towards gender society I call that!
I’ve done more than a few colour courses over the years and “memory colour” is a totally made up thing!

Trouble is most customers remember what their previous machine did and want it the same😀

REGSIS
06-24-2021, 06:31 AM
A customer with C224 100k colour prints and worn drums (and belt) asks for a new machine.
I said that repairing C224 is much more worth it, and he didn't believe me. I made a demo page prjntout on new C300i and was worse than the same printed on his C224 with heavily worn drums (for graphics use).

tsbservice
06-24-2021, 07:33 AM
A customer with C224 100k colour prints and worn drums (and belt) asks for a new machine.
I said that repairing C224 is much more worth it, and he didn't believe me. I made a demo page prjntout on new C300i and was worse than the same printed on his C224 with heavily worn drums (for graphics use).

+1. Completely agree.

Gift
06-24-2021, 09:58 AM
+1. Completely agree.

+2 - xx4e series was neat, xx8 was ok, xx0i is only ok for office print.

Currently I have an open call with bypass/thick paper issues (no feed), we try and modify it with different rollers.

Didn't knew that marketing flyer, sooo funny I almost pooped my pants :D;):p

progoffice
06-24-2021, 02:24 PM
+3 For the most part, we a selling mostly lightly used 8 series color machines and some new Kyocera. The color on the i series is not on par with the previous generations. With supply line issues, getting new machines in complete is also pretty hard which makes selling used colors even more relevant right now. However, the prices on used equipment have gone up because of this demand.

konicavod
06-25-2021, 08:06 AM
Currently I have an open call with bypass/thick paper issues (no feed), we try and modify it with different rollers.

Reverse AA2J592600 Gear 42T

KEEU_BT2111154EN

Gift
06-25-2021, 09:27 AM
Reverse AA2J592600 Gear 42T

KEEU_BT2111154EN

Thanks - I think we installed the sep roller assy from C308 series wich has way less torque (not shure if that's the content of the bulletin).
Just got a feedback that the bypass does work like a charme.

barber782
07-06-2021, 03:56 PM
+2 - xx4e series was neat, xx8 was ok, xx0i is only ok for office print.

Didn't knew that marketing flyer, sooo funny I almost pooped my pants :D;):p
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

Had the same issue today feeding 300gsm through the bypass tray on a 250i. Brand new machine and does not feed at all.
There appears to be too much pressure applied to the separation roller assembly.
The only way i could get it to feed was to cut the sprint in half, set to thick 4 and after that it feeds beautifully.
I can imagine it might have a negative effect on plain 80gsm, but for this customer they only printed 300gsm from that tray, so no biggy.

Markks
02-21-2023, 06:13 PM
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

Had the same issue today feeding 300gsm through the bypass tray on a 250i. Brand new machine and does not feed at all.
There appears to be too much pressure applied to the separation roller assembly.
The only way i could get it to feed was to cut the sprint in half, set to thick 4 and after that it feeds beautifully.
I can imagine it might have a negative effect on plain 80gsm, but for this customer they only printed 300gsm from that tray, so no biggy.

See attached

rrrohan
02-24-2023, 02:17 AM
See attached

or install a 4/8 series separation roller if you dont have the spring

Custom Search