PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Drum Scratched

Custom Search

emujo2
06-21-2021, 08:57 PM
had an account with micro scratches on the K drum,,Less than 5K prints. had to replace drum, could not find a reason for the scratches. Went back out 1 week later, same micro scratches on new K drum and now the same on CMY drums. After some research we found that the internal temp sensor was malfunctioning, showing 0 degrees. machine was over compensating for what it thought was a freezing environment. Hope I can save someone a good chunk of wasted $$$. E

blackcat4866
06-21-2021, 09:09 PM
Thanks for sharing!

I had a C754e that kept buffing the gloss off the black drum. It turned out that there was a problem with the black developing unit. It was so full it was forcing developer out the doctor blade gap. There was a mound of developer that piled up on top of the developing unit, buffing the surface off the drum. =^..^=

tsbservice
06-22-2021, 08:32 AM
had an account with micro scratches on the K drum,,Less than 5K prints. had to replace drum, could not find a reason for the scratches. Went back out 1 week later, same micro scratches on new K drum and now the same on CMY drums. After some research we found that the internal temp sensor was malfunctioning, showing 0 degrees. machine was over compensating for what it thought was a freezing environment. Hope I can save someone a good chunk of wasted $$$. E
Perhaps knowing the model will be of use. I will guess it's C250i

emujo2
06-22-2021, 01:36 PM
Yes, I series. C450i to be exact.

jwai
06-22-2021, 05:10 PM
i series, frequently replaced drums...... :(

tech51
06-22-2021, 07:23 PM
We’ve had quite a few like this in the UK.

It appears that the sensors get damaged when the machine is being assembled at the factory.

Another symptom of a failed sensor is solid black bands at each end of the K drum!

tsbservice
06-22-2021, 08:38 PM

MML list is your friend. Study it all anomalies will present there.

copyman
06-23-2021, 02:07 AM
Why couldn't K/M leave well enough alone. Just stayed with the 4 series style drum. Probably answer my own question, I'm sure it's because they know the consumable life counters were turned off on the 4 series and drums & other items could go 2-3 cycles before changing. They must of realized they weren't making enough $$$ on the consumables so they go to a piece of crap drums with a PCR!

Little does Kon/Min know a move like this will hurt them in the long run when the end user upgrades and wants NO part of a consumable money pit and buys different OEM!

Synaux
06-23-2021, 09:44 PM

So I get that the machine thought it was freezing and regardless of the notion a code should have been displayed/thought of on the development-side (you know, because would be a very rare operating environment).

What actually caused the scratches? xbelt running 24/7 or something? :confused:

emujo2
06-23-2021, 09:51 PM
Possibly an overcharge of the pre charge roller. Not 100% certain.

Custom Search