PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C220 fax problems

Custom Search

Runfun
06-22-2021, 09:44 AM
Hey Guys we have a problem with our Bizhub C220.
A long time the printer was working really good without any problems.
But last week we lost some data.

Now we have the problem that we can not send out a fax.
We can receive it but not sending.
The problem is that the printer want always send the fax by mail.
Even if we choose normal fax, we can input the number, but the we receive this error.
You can see on the picture the printer always want send the fax by mail.49515
I think some settings are not correct.
If somebody have a idea I really appreciate it.

Greetings
Runfun

rrrohan
06-22-2021, 09:49 AM
thats looks like someone is typing a fax number as if its a email

Gift
06-22-2021, 10:33 AM
I agree, these jobs are markes as "e-mail" in the job log instead of fax. What kind of data has been lost, did the MFP crashed?
In that case the Fax option might have become disabled in service mode and needs to be enabled again. You also might take a look in
user/admin settings if you can see the usual fax-related buttons/settings. Still odd that you can receive though. In case everything looks OK:

What happens if you dial manually after pushing that "(un)hook line" button - I think that button looks like a telephone.

Runfun
06-22-2021, 10:37 AM
thats looks like someone is typing a fax number as if its a email

No we only type a number insider for example +497119271467

I think its a interface problem ... where i can tell the printer its a fax ... are there some settings send fax as email or something like that ?

rrrohan
06-22-2021, 10:53 AM
fax as email?

Gift
06-22-2021, 11:01 AM
IP fax is "kind of" based on e-mail but I can't imagine that this has been accidentally activated.

rrrohan
06-22-2021, 11:31 AM
yeah i honestly think the fault is users selecting email on direct input then typing a fax number

Gift
06-22-2021, 11:37 AM
yeah i honestly think the fault is users selecting email on direct input then typing a fax number

might be but on the other hand hard to imagine if they worked with the MFP before for a long time. Well I think we gave enough hints to follow..

Runfun
06-22-2021, 12:05 PM
might be but on the other hand hard to imagine if they worked with the MFP before for a long time. Well I think we gave enough hints to follow..

Can not be we choose fax sending ..
It's German but I think you can read it or see it :-)
The question is where in the printer setup is the interface ...

Gift
06-22-2021, 12:43 PM
Can not be we choose fax sending ..
It's German but I think you can read it or see it :-)
The question is where in the printer setup is the interface ...

Looks fine indeed. What about manual dialing - can you hear the line in this mode? Have you tried disable/enable the FK via SP?

emujo2
06-22-2021, 01:34 PM
I think the problem will not be understood or resolved until you can explain the "we lost some data" comment. Your device is trying to send fax by email. If it was not doing this before then you really need to define what happened, and what you did to recover from the problem. E

Runfun
06-22-2021, 02:05 PM
Looks fine indeed. What about manual dialing - can you hear the line in this mode? Have you tried disable/enable the FK via SP?

Yeah the problem .. i know normally if I switch to fax there is a button where I can check the line.
Unfortunately that button is missing.

But the line is ok .. because I can receive a fax.
What do you mean with "Have you tried disable/enable the FK via SP?"

Greetings Runfun

emujo2
06-22-2021, 03:10 PM
I have seen 2 reasons that the off hook button went away..Open API from solution did not support it, and Confirm Address (TX) function is enabled. E

Gift
06-23-2021, 07:16 AM
Yeah the problem .. i know normally if I switch to fax there is a button where I can check the line.
Unfortunately that button is missing.

But the line is ok .. because I can receive a fax.
What do you mean with "Have you tried disable/enable the FK via SP?"

Greetings Runfun

SP = service program/mode, FK = fax kit

copyman
06-23-2021, 12:11 PM
Make sure the fax target country is correct in service mode.

ndlovu
04-20-2022, 03:50 PM
I have this same issue on a C558. It will only receive faxes and when pressing the off hook button it will then only want to receive. It will dial out but once connected on the other side it will only want to receive. I have checked all setting and I have also tried initialization on the fax. Any pointers would be appreciated. The marketing area is also set correctly.

avecosat
04-20-2022, 04:18 PM
I have not seen fax problems for a long time but I remember that the first thing I always did was connect a simple telephone to the line and check that it worked correctly, I even called my smartphone from the MFP to hear the signals.

Custom Search