PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine Stuck on bars

Custom Search

elmaligno
06-22-2021, 04:23 PM
Hi guys, I have a Bizhub 4050 that gets stuck on the bars after powering it on. The engine runs before, but the panel still shows the bars. is there any recovery tool or FW for it?
Thanks.

copier tech
06-22-2021, 07:58 PM
Hi guys, I have a Bizhub 4050 that gets stuck on the bars after powering it on. The engine runs before, but the panel still shows the bars. is there any recovery tool or FW for it?
Thanks.

Start by updating the regular firmware before you start replacing boards etc.

elmaligno
06-23-2021, 07:32 AM
Start by updating the regular firmware before you start replacing boards etc.

I think it's great that you try to sell your crap here, but this is a serious site and I am a technician with 30 years of experience that does not need to come with nonsense like that. This machine does not support firmware upgrade without booting, which does not happen, and that is the reason for my question.

copier tech
06-23-2021, 11:08 AM
I think it's great that you try to sell your crap here, but this is a serious site and I am a technician with 30 years of experience that does not need to come with nonsense like that. This machine does not support firmware upgrade without booting, which does not happen, and that is the reason for my question.

For someone so experienced you should know about the recovery firmware!

elmaligno
06-23-2021, 11:21 AM
For someone so experienced you should know about the recovery firmware!

I was expecting a comment like that, which shows you don't know what you are talking about, as these machines are Lexmark based and cannot be booted with firmware from the usb.
If you are so smart and you have the firmware you seem to be talking about, show it to us!

tsbservice
06-23-2021, 11:46 AM
Try to unplug HDD and see it will get past boot screen and error out.

elmaligno
06-23-2021, 12:02 PM
Try to unplug HDD and see it will get past boot screen and error out.

Thanks a lot, but as I said, I did that and disconnected fax too.

Gift
06-23-2021, 12:38 PM
Is it possible to access the web interface?

elmaligno
06-23-2021, 12:43 PM
Is it possible to access the web interface?

no, it is not possible

Gift
06-23-2021, 03:19 PM
no, it is not possible

In this case you might have a faulty controllerboard or nvram/ssd (in case that's a discrete part on this crap lexmark board).
I couldn't see any recovery tools in knova. You might be able to fix it with a parts donator, otherwise I'd probably just forward it to the sales guys before ordering any
stuff based on guessworks. I sure guess the prices for these "Bizmark" PCBs are probably ridiculously high.

elmaligno
06-23-2021, 03:25 PM
In this case you might have a faulty controllerboard or nvram/ssd (in case that's a discrete part on this crap lexmark board).
I couldn't see any recovery tools in knova. You might be able to fix it with a parts donator, otherwise I'd probably just forward it to the sales guys before ordering any
stuff based on guessworks. I sure guess the prices for these "Bizmark" PCBs are probably ridiculously high.

I'm afraid that's what happens, that's why I was asking if anyone knew anything else, since the C3350s have the same software and there is a boot firmware for them.

strider5555
06-23-2021, 04:00 PM
You can try booting up the machine into extra service mode by holding the sub power switch on the panel while turning on the main switch. If it boots to the CE password screen, you may be able to flash with the latest base firmware, and also possibly format the HDD. Also if you haven't already, make sure the network cable is disconnected.

Custom Search